Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 05:57 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinbackfl View Post
If you only knew!!! Fencing is not an issue, its there!!
Ok, then .... THAT's a real bummer.

All I can do is send a prayer with your name on it upstairs

God bless you and I hope this issue comes to a positive resolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 06:03 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANA MANIA View Post
Hey Kick, You Probably Won't Be Able To Sell Your Place Until This Issue Is Resolved. It's Important To Document All The Negatives,so Animal Control Can Have A Solid Case To Help You Resolve This Noise Issue...

You would think that the neighbors would stop the dogs from barking so that they can sell the house...

Old 11-17-2007, 07:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Small claims is where I'd most likely go and for the max. Also, though you don't live with an HOA there may still be covenants on the land that prohibit this activity.
It would probably say something like "you may not do anything that could reduce the enjoyment of your neighbors property and if you have animals they must be controlled and not be a nusiance". I'd go to the recorders office and look up all documents pertaining to your land subdivision.
I'm not an attorney but know many and have seen claims for this sort of thing before.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:36 PM

72,411 posts, read 18,198,148 times
Your neighbors are very rude and inconsiderate.Don't be so nice to them!

The law about 10 min of dog barking..Can you sign a petition with the neighbors?
To get rid of the dogs,If the neighbors agree to sign one then it's the best thing to do. Then present the petition to the court or city or the police,this way to give the neighbors a warning to tell them to get rid of the dogs.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:56 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,799,357 times
Here's what I posted in the Pets/Dogs forum - hope it helps:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...g-barking.html

Good luck to you!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-18-2007 at 12:07 AM..

Old 11-18-2007, 10:47 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Small claims is where I'd most likely go and for the max. Also, though you don't live with an HOA there may still be covenants on the land that prohibit this activity.
It would probably say something like "you may not do anything that could reduce the enjoyment of your neighbors property and if you have animals they must be controlled and not be a nusiance". I'd go to the recorders office and look up all documents pertaining to your land subdivision.
I'm not an attorney but know many and have seen claims for this sort of thing before.
We are moing to NC and it states on the fact sheet NO HOA but they do have restrictions and one of them is no animal will be a nusiance to other neighors. We have lived in HOA were it is stated up front since to close you need a copy of the HOA rules that is so much easier. When we were looking at properties they all said no HOA and I assumed no restrictions so I asked our realtor if there was she found them for all three of the homes we liked. One home we were going to bid on said no more then two dogs so I am glad I asked for it since we have three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate