U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:20 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,172,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Nelson View Post
Tac-Sea

This is what you should be able to expect from your Realtor:

1. Know intimately what it is you're looking for so you don't waste your time and money (time is money).
2. Educate you on the process (short sale vs. bank sale vs. conventional sale) so you can make smart decisions and save money.
3. Putting his referral resources at your disposal. Thorough home inspectors and honest mortgage brokers can save you money and headaches.
4. Save you money by communicating with your mortgage broker to hold off on ordering the appraisal before the inspection issues are resolved so you don't throw the appraisal fee after the inspection fee.
5. Prepare a market analysis for the property you plan to make an offer on so you know you're not paying too much and averting any bad appraisal surprises.
6. Negotiate the best contract terms for you so you can save money (have I mentioned saving money before?)
7. Take you to the properties you're interested in two or three times. The first time is only to see if the property gets deleted or stays on the "favorites" list. The second time is to give it a good looking over before making an offer.

I'm not looking to pick up a client. It just irks me to hear about brokers who treat their clients like customers in a check-out line. In a broker-client relationship the broker has a duty to put the client's interest before his, to always serve his client's best interest, to exercise skill and care.
It also irks me that some consumers will put up with such poor service. I advise that you ask your friends, family or co-workers if they can recommend a good broker. Visit a few open houses and take the opprtunity to meet diffreent brokers and interview them. You deserve better than what you have.
Thanks, I have not received that with my previous agent. I found a new agent today and like him better already. He is more involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 12:58 PM

9,604 posts, read 23,096,443 times
Sounds to me that the agent is more incompetent than greedy. He should have done a much better job of explaining that some properties have a very slim chance of closing. I'd fire him. Clients dump Realtors all the time, for both valid and ridiculous reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate