U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 07:58 PM

422 posts, read 1,206,356 times

Advertisements

yup i'd prefer a credit and do the replacement myself too. it's more work but you have full control over the project to ensure the quality. if someone else is paying/doing it on your behalf....there's not much incentive to pay more (for better quality) or do more work (keeping an eye to ensure everything is done properly).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 04:21 PM

19 posts, read 17,471 times
We are being required to pay cash for the septic tank inspection. Is this the normal way of doing business? We were told by the realtor it is $500 to $600 but we must meet the person and pay them cash. They won't take a check or credit card. Should we insist on a different company? Are they doing this to keep the work off the books?

Old 05-22-2014, 10:04 PM

502 posts, read 652,522 times
I would sever my agency agreement with the agent and get another buyers agent asap.

Situations like yours are why I won't do dual agency. You just never know what you will run into.

Technically, because it is their house, they can have any one they want do whatever they want. However, if they already have a contract and buyer in hand, they seem to be very disagreeable and non-cooperative.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:18 AM

566 posts, read 470,269 times
I would walk, something doesn't sound right. Tell them they need to have the septic completely fixed and passed and you will pay original price, your not paying for the septic. A septic that has passed is need for it to be sold. It seems like they want you to pay for the septic and there is something going on. between relators and owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate