Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,671,421 times

Advertisements

I found this website and before I use it, I just want to make sure it is legitimate. It's www.flatfeelisting.com

It seems legit and I called the 800 number and spoke with them. I think I am going to go with the full service option which, I think is $750.

Anyone use this website before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 11:04 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,822,829 times
There are a number of 'HelpUSell' or 'SalebyOwner' RE services that offer a legitimate service and seem to stay in business. If you are in a 'hot' RE market where buyers are quickly submitting offers on every property in your neighborhood, then you might save some money here.

However, you need to recognize that you are removing the incentive for RE Agents to show your house to their clients. When you go with an established Realtor, you only pay if/when the property sells. With some of these 'flat fee services', my understanding is that you pay whether you sell or not.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 AM

I should have been more clear...I am going to offer 3% to the buyer's agent. I don't want to pay 3% to have it listed, but would like to have access to the MLS and, perhaps, a small amount of assistance. I prefer the flat fee because I don't want to incentivize a quick-sell. I think I can do a lot of the paperwork myself.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,332,649 times
Make sure they are placing it in the MLS used by agents in your area. If it's not in that MLS, it's a waste of money. There are many, many MLS systems.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:39 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,417,668 times
Yes, I would make sure they are a member of the local MLS and ask for local sellers name & number for references.

Are they licensed in your state?

Old 09-03-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Make sure they are placing it in the MLS used by agents in your area. If it's not in that MLS, it's a waste of money. There are many, many MLS systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Yes, I would make sure they are a member of the local MLS and ask for local sellers name & number for references.

Are they licensed in your state?
They are licensed in my state and I live in a major metropolitan area. I did ask them.

I'm just hoping that someone has actually used them before. After I sign up, that's when they will give me the name of the local affiliate agent. I don't think they will give me the name of the agent until I have signed up because then people would circumvent them (national) altogether.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:57 PM

43,263 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
They are licensed in my state and I live in a major metropolitan area. I did ask them.

I'm just hoping that someone has actually used them before. After I sign up, that's when they will give me the name of the local affiliate agent. I don't think they will give me the name of the agent until I have signed up because then people would circumvent them (national) altogether.
Never sign anything binding you to an agent/agency without knowing the specific agent and agency.
Unless you have a Teflon "Get Out of Jail Free" right of unilateral termination clause.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:11 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,417,668 times
They don't have their own people? They are going to refer you to a local agent to put it into the mls and disappear?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:16 PM

43,263 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
They don't have their own people? They are going to refer you to a local agent to put it into the mls and disappear?
Makes it sound like just another flesh-peddling lead service, but with an upfront price...

Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 PM

My understanding is that they have licensed RE agents in each state that they offer their service. Every single one that I have looked into seems to have pretty much the same business model. Help-U-Sell is a little more transparent, but charges, I think, $3500.

I don't know how this will work out, but I will come back and discuss it after I have used them if you want. The least amount of money they charge is $250 and that is only for the property to be listed in the local MLS. I'll start with that and as long as it looks above board, I'll purchase the other services they offer. I figure if I put it on a credit card or pay for it through Paypal, I can get a refund if it's a complete sham. The worse that could happen is that I lose $250. Not that that is an insignificant amount, but it's not so much that I could definitely recover from that loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate