Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 10:42 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,977,683 times

Advertisements

I'm glad the situation is resolved, and I think your solution was just fine . Some peoples here is a bit cranky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 12:11 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,021,799 times
The people we bought our house from apparently never gave a forwarding address to the postal service because we keep getting their mail and packages. One lady even came by with a huge pot of soup for the previous owners thinking that they still lived there. Soup! She wasn't able to head back home with her soup and none of us knew where the previous owners had moved to, so she gave it to us.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:43 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,275,941 times
we were getting mail from the previous owner, renters, who ever lived there for more than a year after they moved out. I did hear from some of the neighbors that the former owner rented our home out to as many as 14 or 15 people at a time. He was doing anything that he could to keep the home and make the payments. One guy showed up more than a year later wanting to know where his California State Auto Registration was. We told him that all mail was returned that did not have our name on it. He then told us that the DMV told him that they had mailed it to our home. We told him that we couldn't help him since we don't have it.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:40 PM

544 posts, read 1,437,674 times
If it's Colorado, it's the release of deed of trust. Any other state, satisfaction of mortgage. Still waiting for one of my releases from Denver County.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:14 PM

41,893 posts, read 74,966,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
Call your agent and have her contact the seller's agent for an address....or leave it for your agent. Who knows if it would ever get to the seller through the PO.
WRONG. The letter came through the post office; the proper thing to do is to return it to the sender via the post office.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:28 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,588,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
The people we bought our house from apparently never gave a forwarding address to the postal service because we keep getting their mail and packages. One lady even came by with a huge pot of soup for the previous owners thinking that they still lived there. Soup! She wasn't able to head back home with her soup and none of us knew where the previous owners had moved to, so she gave it to us.
I bet there could be some funny stories about not putting in a change of address with the PO or letting friends and neighbors know

Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,588,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
WRONG. The letter came through the post office; the proper thing to do is to return it to the sender via the post office.

Eh. Seems passive or passive aggressive to me if I know a licensed professional actively involved in the situation and with the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate