Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 16 days ago)

43,161 posts, read 76,761,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
smh.

and a two bedroom home with two children is a stretch for almost anyone.
And anyone with a smidge of real estate common sense and experience knows that a 2br house is a harder resell than a 3 br house.
At least mentioning that fact to the client would be required of any conscientious agent.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:18 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,910,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
In a really hot market, more people sell by owner as the marketing services of a realtor may not be necessary. In that case, one could pay an attorney about $500 to represent you in the sale, review the contract, negotiate or advise regarding the sale. Isn't the value a realtor brings marketing? If everything is in your favor, traffic by the house, word of mouth, low inventory, a seller may not need to market the house, but would still need an attorney. I've seen on forums that realtors feel they are needed to keep deals together and help with loans, etc., but I've never actually witnessed that in action.

While most rely on Realtors, some choose another way | HeraldTribune.com
Posts like this one always amuse me.

If you want to sell a house, you have to market that house, in "really hot" markets as well as cold ones. I might actually suggest that in a "really hot" market, it's MORE important to market the house. Why? Because in a "really hot" market, where houses are moving off the market quickly, buyers are more likely to make an offer on a house that is close to what they want, instead of continuing to search for the perfect house. They are afraid to lose the one that's good enough, so they make an offer on the first one they see that is good enough. And which houses are they more likely to see first? Yes, it's the ones that are well marketed. If the house is poorly marketed, it will get fewer views, fewer offers, and - as a rule - a lower price. But that fact is hidden in a "really hot" market. The property sells, and the seller feels like he saved a bundle because he didn't pay a broker. And no one will ever know how much higher a price some good marketing might have gotten for that seller.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:53 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,585,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
What difference does that make this thread?????

It is always best to get competent legal advice from highly educated professionals when getting involved with binding contracts with legal consequence.
Asking the receptionist at a law firm for legal advice usually does not work out too well.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Asking the receptionist at a law firm for legal advice usually does not work out too well.
But what if the receptionist is there for the day, from an independent temp firm?
Wouldn't that be much, much better?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:13 AM

752 posts, read 1,161,719 times
I learned something in this thread. I will warn all my customers to use real estate lawyer instead of realtors. One less hand between me and cash for my work. My handy work worth around 700$/hour at fixer uppers. I get only fraction of it. I’m keeping eliminating hand after hand. One day will eliminate customers to. Will be me and buyer and it is all.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,160,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
I will warn all my customers to use real estate lawyer instead of realtors. One less hand between me and cash for my work.
Yep. Lawyers always pay their bills. Very trustworthy bunch.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
To wit:

U.S. Congress

'Nuf said on attorneys. We all come from the same gene pool.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:28 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,730,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post

Reminds me of a female realtor near us.
Even with the housing market tanking she always said,,,,,,," It may be slow elsewhere in the country but I am soooo busy I don't know where to turn "

Another of her favorite expressions was............." the good realtors are ALWAYS BUSY "

Yup, she said that up until the night they moved out of their nice house and let it sit vacant.

She is probably flipping burgers someplace now.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:32 AM

17,574 posts, read 46,044,734 times
If you don't trust/like/want a RE agent there is a very easy solution. Don't use one. I don't know why people want to make this so complicated.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
If you don't trust/like/want a RE agent there is a very easy solution. Don't use one. I don't know why people want to make this so complicated.
It's a workout.
For some folks, jumping to confusions is a routine aerobic activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate