Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 02:53 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Don't go moving on so quickly. You need to take some precautions. They have already been in your home, and alone (even with the dingy realtor, they really were alone) and may have scoped out your safe, found paper with your names, SS# on it, CC#s, gotten a spare key hanging somewhere.........

Contact the police dept and speak with a detective to help protect yourself against possible identity theft or B&E.

they seem to be VERY successful in their current illegal activity, judging from the IRS's charges of tax evasion, so I don't imagine they are interested in diversifying their criminal portfolio and wasting their time with stealing my identity. They seem to have found their niche, its actually working out quite nicely for them since they offered to pay cash for my $900k home.

I AM slightly worried about B&E thought, now that he knows the layout of our house and stuff and I might have pissed him off. We slept with our guns loaded and easily accessible last night. I also did contact a police friend of ours and gave him name and license plate number just in case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 06:30 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,615,907 times
Does he stick in your area or travel? You never know, the agent could be in on it.

In our area when there was a con the guy left town but the residents notified LE and media.

However, in your case it's a fine balance between making others aware and your own safety from this character.

Your police friend will be able to help and spread the word.

Wow, what a story. Didn't seem right from the beginning....but had no idea it would bring up all these crimes. Yes, google is a great friend for searching phone numbers, emails, names, etc.

What a storty to tell! All the best.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:29 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,615,907 times
In thinking about it, the agent calling 5 times or something when you were at church...I think she knew that?...and just happening to have someone on the other line as competition. Sounds like she's in on it.

I would also check for any cameras he might have put in your house while you were out. Ceiling vents, wall vents, bathroom, etc. Who knows what this guy's into. And if you or a family member has anything other than the most ordinary job at the most ordinary place...check for mics too. Could treaten to use something against you since he's worked so many angles.

Look for things you wouldn't ordinarily notice, such as a check missing from the middle of the check book.

So, is he still using the same name for all the crimes and hasn't left town?

Old 11-21-2013, 09:45 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
In thinking about it, the agent calling 5 times or something when you were at church...I think she knew that?...and just happening to have someone on the other line as competition. Sounds like she's in on it.

I would also check for any cameras he might have put in your house while you were out. Ceiling vents, wall vents, bathroom, etc. Who knows what this guy's into. And if you or a family member has anything other than the most ordinary job at the most ordinary place...check for mics too. Could treaten to use something against you since he's worked so many angles.

Look for things you wouldn't ordinarily notice, such as a check missing from the middle of the check book.

So, is he still using the same name for all the crimes and hasn't left town?
No, I don't think the realtor is on on anything. I dont think I was a target for a con either. I think they legitimately wanted to live in my home. I think they absolutely had the money to front me for a full years lease like they offered (over 50k). I do think they intended to pay me real money, albeit proceeds from illegal activities. I think that they have an overabundance of money, and are looking to live a certain lifestyle.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:09 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,758,884 times
As to their name being different than the registration of the car, it can be as simple as they were driving someone else's car. Unless they told you the car was there car, no telling why they were driving it. They may have cars registered in names other than their own, to make it harder for the police, etc., to find them is another reason. Makes it harder for the police to put out a BOLO on their car (Be On Look Out) to try to find or trace them. And if they are smart and as criminal minded as you say, they would not be driving a Cadillac or Mercedes so they do not stand out. They would be low profile as possible.

And as you say, they probably have the money to pay a years rent, or to pay for the home outright. Illegally gained, but available to back up the purchase or rent.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 PM

989 posts, read 2,854,907 times
Go check your medicine cabinets for any missing prescription drugs, too. WOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate