Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:48 AM

82 posts, read 151,235 times

Advertisements

I'm about to lose it. Seven 2nd showings & still no offer. Obe wants to but but hasn't even talked to lender. The other is probably choosing a waterfront house instead of mine. I am not waterfront so if that is what you wanted, why did you look at mine twice in 1 day????Of course, it's between mineand another & it's never mine! Or can't get approved. Ugh. Stop looking at houses people until you are ready and approved to buy!!! Of course the non-contingent, pre-qualled buyer canceled yesterday. SMH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 10:17 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Time to make some 'lemonade!' --- Seven second showings ... and you're complaining??? And, on top of that, you're blaming the potential buyers! Come on! -- Do you really think all of these folks are just 'dreaming' and looking at homes for their health?

Contrary to your advice to 'lookers who are not yet, qualified," YOU perhaps, need to go do a little house-hunting of your own in your immediate area. You will probably discover for yourself why none of your second showings have resulted in a serious offer. In fact, the very situation you describe, in itself, speaks volumes!

-- You clearly have a desirable home, location and potential buyers who are interested .... leading to a pretty obvious conclusion: Your house is overpriced; ... probably not by much, since you are getting second looks, but, nevertheless, overpriced!

Old 11-11-2013, 10:28 AM

991 posts, read 1,520,296 times
That is frustrating, hang in there! Can you get your broker to screen the folks better?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:35 AM

912 posts, read 1,525,069 times
It will eventually be yours that gets picked.

Was the waterfront home priced comparably to yours? Assuming all else was relatively equal (upgrades, neighborhood, room sizes, etc), I would more than likely pick the waterfront house myself if it was about the same price as the non-waterfront house -- even if I wasn't initially looking at waterfront homes. On the other hand, it's possible your house has something the waterfront doesn't, and that's why they looked twice in one day, to really make that last minute decision.

I agree with jghorton -- it's possible your house is a wee bit overpriced. Not nearly to the usual degree found in these forums, but just a bit. Or it's entirely possible it's priced right and you just haven't found the right buyer yet. In most parts of the country, I think we're getting into a slower period anyway with the holidays/colder weather around the corner. If selling right now is essential, hang in there. You'll find the right buyer.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 AM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Is there something unusual about your house?

Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Give us a call when you are three-six months into the process. By that time the tourists will have moved on, and the serious folks who are actually looking for a house will be on your radar screen.

There is no predictability to the process of selling a house. Everyone does basically the same thing in terms of listing, so to a buyer, they all start out looking the same. Over time each property starts to differentiate itself and serious buyers start to look a little harder at each property.

The key to your sanely surviving is to take each day with a grain of salt. The 'absolute' buyer (who hasn't listed his exciting home) will be a complete dismissal in your mind. The folks who are ready to make an offer if they can figure out how to move that load bearing wall in the center of the house so they can expand the master bath, will also fall into the 'pipe dream' category. The friends of that guy at work who 'have to move by the first' and have the money to buy your house (except they are coming out of bankruptcy and can't buy anything) will not even move your emotional needle. It just takes time.

Settle down. Settle in. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Likely none of the folks who have wandered through your place are even remotely in any kind of position to make an offer for your house (or any house for that matter). The 'second showing' really liked the hardware on your cabinets and after seeing it twice, that's their decision as they repaint their existing kitchen cabinets and thank you, we just loved your cabinet hardware and now know what to select.

Patience, grasshopper. Spring is just around the corner.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 AM

82 posts, read 151,235 times
I do hold buyers who haven't even bothered to talk to a lender & get prw-qualled accountable for going on 2nd showings without any idea ifvthey will be approved or not. Wasting their tine, their agent's & my time!! That's happened 3 times now. I expect if their agent was taking them on many showings, they would have vetted they at least talked to a lender!!!

Old 11-11-2013, 11:19 AM

991 posts, read 1,520,296 times
Tell your agent only pre-approved get a 2nd look. That is reasonable.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:02 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
You dont ever know where a buyer is coming from, it may be someone who is not pre qualified, but will see something in the house that they have to have, and will go and get qualified. Stop with the "wasting my time" attitude. It only takes ones buyer to buy...you may have to go thru 100 lookers to get to that buyer, so its not a waste of time.

You said previously (I think it was you) that it was more of a house for someone retired rather than someone with a family. That really narrows your pool of buyers, since most people want to retire somewhere warmer. You'd better realize that you may not sell that house for another several months, so rather than whining about wasting your time, try and figure out what will make someone want to make an offer.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:28 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,806,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB0909 View Post
I'm about to lose it. Seven 2nd showings & still no offer. Obe wants to but but hasn't even talked to lender. The other is probably choosing a waterfront house instead of mine. I am not waterfront so if that is what you wanted, why did you look at mine twice in 1 day????Of course, it's between mineand another & it's never mine! Or can't get approved. Ugh. Stop looking at houses people until you are ready and approved to buy!!! Of course the non-contingent, pre-qualled buyer canceled yesterday. SMH!
Maybe you should keep your house for yourself....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate