Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 05:00 AM

896 posts, read 1,138,448 times

Advertisements

Good luck, and thank for the update!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 05:09 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,666,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Here is an update: the property is now under contract. My agent tells me that it is a weak buyer and that its doubtful that they will get financing.

Moving right along with my purchase of another property. The assessment was yesterday and I am waiting for the results. Wish me luck!
Good luck with the new property. I kind of figure that karma will bite the owners of the original property in the butt for jerking you around. Glad it's working out for you.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:35 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,174,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
...Today I get a call that two other offers came in during the interim, one at full price and that I am the strongest buyer, but they basically want to start a bidding war. I am SO ANNOYED. I refuse to take the bait. The place is cute but not worth escalating the price over its value. The sellers also want to close like yesterday which would make it very difficult for me. Nothing is moving on the market right now, listings are being taken off left and right because its so slow. These sellers are being jerks.

I want to withdraw my offer. I have a backup place that the price just dropped on yesterday. This place is my first choice. My agents are annoyed that the sellers didn't disclose that they were holding out for additional offers or that they had them in the works. What do you suggest?
I had sellers pull something similar on me. I went home typed up a letter to the effect that I did not want to stand in the seller's way of increasing her potential profit, and, therefore, the deal was off, and she should go full throttle with these other offers. I took it to their agent, who went berserk. She made a frantic call to the seller and was arguing with her vehemently that she were screwing up big time. Turns out the seller's boyfriend wanted her to hold out for more money. I said I am not buying from or dealing with any behind-the-scenes boyfriend unless he is an owner, bye-bye and I walked out. The house stayed on the market for at least another month, to my delight....and then I stopped checking as I had purchased another place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate