U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:08 AM

8,042 posts, read 6,820,717 times

Advertisements

Finished Room Over Garage (FROG). My last house had one. It was accessed from stairs in the office room. It was heated/cooled and it had a closet thus it could be called a bedroom in the listing. I did not like calling it a 4th bedroom but that is the way real estate agents wanted to present it.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:14 AM

1,004 posts, read 556,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
If a home that is on the market features a FROG is it counted in the square footage that's posted with the listing or is it additional space - similar to a finished basement?
In Wake County, the property card literally says "Heated Area" and lists the square feet. So from that standpoint, it's included.

I was surprised with the amount of "bonus rooms" being counted as bedrooms but it seems to be the norm now.

Old Today, 11:51 PM

6,004 posts, read 3,240,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Here in Calaveras County we are considerable acquainted with them hopping things. We've been makin' money 'round these parts fer years. Wayfarers come from near and far and pays money just to see 'em jump in a contest! It's the durndest thing you ever did see! (apologies to Mark Twain).

I have no idea what a FROG is, so I'm going to guess

Front/Rear Opening Garage?
Floating Refrigerator Over Garden?
Freezer Range Oven Garbage disposal?
Fixed Retractable Olive Garden?
Fully Reclining Overstuffed Gear?

Can you help and old and demented man?

Forest River Owner's Group. It's like the Harley Owner's Group, only for those who own a Forest River travel trailer or motorhome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or