Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:06 AM

19,027 posts, read 27,585,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
From what you've stated here, I'd remodel if I were you. You like where you are, you're comfortable, the area is blossoming, the addition will make your home just what you want, and you've looked elsewhere an found other places to be lacking. You've thought this out and are setting yourself up for a wonderful future. Best wishes.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdCampbell View Post
Jumbo renovation loans are available, have you looked into them?

I think the max renovation is $250,000 over sales price.

PM me if you would like more info on this.

I also see the million dollar homes with single-wides in the area, have they changed the zoning on them to make sure they cant replace the old with a new SW?

Not sure I understood? Elaborate, please.

I was told to go to county HUD and find out about strategic planning for the area. THAT is supposed to be the ultimate guide on what to do?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
That's good. I was thinking you may be overbuilding for the area. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
A local guy here built a huge mansion where everything in the area is SFR 1400 sq ft average and tried selling it and lost his shorts on it.
Good luck. I can tell you it will be a love hate relationship. Word of advice no matter how mad you get never yell at your wife. She's on your side.
Where did this come from? She's the one who's opposed to remodeling, but she's opposed to anything that disrupts established things anyway. I am the reckless one in the family...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate