U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 03:00 PM

5,576 posts, read 5,791,021 times

Advertisements

Urg, I had it happen again, another real estate agent I was interviewing to possibly list my property. After being evasive about telling me her qualifications, she launches into question after question about 1) where I am going 2) why am I leaving 3) how much money I have to spend on my next residence 4) why I shouldn't rent before buying again 5) why did I buy my property in the first place.

Very annoying and a real timewaster from my perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 4,169 times
Sorry to hear you had a negative experience, some people in life are just to aggressive. This is true across many professions

Old 02-05-2014, 03:51 PM

25,900 posts, read 30,235,292 times
Putting the cart way before the horse.

Inappropriate behavior for an initial meeting with a client. They may be fairly new in the business.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
My thoughts exactly

Quote:
Inappropriate behavior for an initial meeting with a client. They may be fairly new in the business.
I looked her up. She has only been in the area less than one year.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:52 PM

13,079 posts, read 28,907,002 times
Quote:

Agree. They don't have enough sales so they need to distract people from that and try and "create a relationship" to get the listing.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Agree. They don't have enough sales so they need to distract people from that and try and "create a relationship" to get the listing.
Yes, my specific questions were about whether she had sold or listed similar properties and when I turned the question back to that twice she was all, "but, but, but I've shown similar properties."

Old 02-05-2014, 05:38 PM

502 posts, read 703,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Yes, my specific questions were about whether she had sold or listed similar properties and when I turned the question back to that twice she was all, "but, but, but I've shown similar properties."
Ah, it seems to me like she might be much more comfortable with buyers than listings. She might have very little experience in actually selling a home. Perhaps she was a former buyer's agent on a team, and trying to veer the conversation back to something she is comfortable with.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:26 PM

6,520 posts, read 5,044,374 times
I went in to an electronic big box store today. I kind of knew what I wanted but still had a few questions. The salesperson was writing down/questioning about everything I said and I was getting no answers. Finally I said what is all the writing and no answers about. He said the store had a new policy and basically it was Step 1..Step 2..Step 3....no matter what the customer wanted.

I got testy and said I want answers now. He got a more experienced person for me and we nailed it down with in a few minutes.

I think the OP got one of them....new...or following the new book.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I went in to an electronic big box store today. I kind of knew what I wanted but still had a few questions. The salesperson was writing down/questioning about everything I said and I was getting no answers. Finally I said what is all the writing and no answers about. He said the store had a new policy and basically it was Step 1..Step 2..Step 3....no matter what the customer wanted.
Now I know the world has gone insane.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
Ah, it seems to me like she might be much more comfortable with buyers than listings. She might have very little experience in actually selling a home. Perhaps she was a former buyer's agent on a team, and trying to veer the conversation back to something she is comfortable with.
The whole interaction with this agency from the start was odd. I originally requested a specific salesperson with a highly reputable track record. Got an return email from an office manager. Then after many days I get a voice message out of the blue from this other agent I never heard of. On top of that she has an out-of-state phone number. Leaves a long rambling message on my voice mail. Still thought she might be having a bad day and wanted to give her a chance. Then at one point in the conversation she was trying to talk me out of selling my property. There are hardly any listings in my area. So I found this peculiar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate