U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 02:22 AM

67 posts, read 76,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Ivoc

You said:

Anytime an agent claims multiple offers you can take it to the bank. That says nothing about the quality of the offers but the ethics code requires that the agent not lie...and they don't.

You actually believe this?
For the most part, people don't lie about multiple offers, I've never personally experienced it.

They might "lie" about "someone else wants to make an offer", usually when the market's slow.

Pretty much any major metro in California is going to have multiple offers immediately, only suckers are out buying now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 08:26 PM

502 posts, read 628,232 times
Exactly - the offer belongs to the buyer making the offer - only that person can release it, other than, like Mike mentioned, the seller. The seller isn't licensed or bound by any ethics like a Broker is. On the other hand, it's an interesting question as to in what kind of position that would place the agent. I'm not typing up the details of others' offers, but if my seller does, what can I do about it other than refuse to send it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
If I disclose price or terms of another offer on one of my listings, I had better be holding written permission to do so from the party who wrote the offer.
A licensed real estate agent who is "Shopping offers" without permission of the offeror is in violation of NC Real Estate Commission rules.
However, there is no restriction on a seller from doing so.

Of course, shady agents do it often enough, that there is a disclaimer in the NCAR standard Buyer Agency Agreement informing the client that a buyers' agent cannot guarantee that their offer will not be shopped by a listing agent.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:46 PM

30 posts, read 50,909 times
Interesting update. We found out the house did eventually "sell" and was taken off the market for escrow/appraisal/inspection process (although, not sure if these were waived by the buyer). I thought, "what a bunch of morons for buying flood zone A or V". Anyways, we were looking back on RedFin today, and lo and behold, it's back on the market! I can only laugh.

I'm guessing the buyer got cold feet and bailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or