Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 09:56 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I'm sure it helps that the 260 square feet they live in is "portioned off from a larger home" that belongs to his parents.
I wonder how much time they spend over on his parents side of the house? One of my good friends back in Australia, due to the high COL there and with her being a single mum, her family built an extension onto their home for her and her daughter (with her own facilities and access). However, she and her daughter still spend a lot of time over in the main part of the home as there is more space, it's got a full kitchen as opposed to a kitchenette, etc. They do have the privacy of the extension though when they desire it.

I wonder if this family does the same thing at times... especially when it comes to cooking meals! It's not like the people on the other side are total strangers, they're family as well, after all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:27 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
I wonder how much time they spend over on his parents side of the house? One of my good friends back in Australia, due to the high COL there and with her being a single mum, her family built an extension onto their home for her and her daughter (with her own facilities and access). However, she and her daughter still spend a lot of time over in the main part of the home as there is more space, it's got a full kitchen as opposed to a kitchenette, etc. They do have the privacy of the extension though when they desire it.

I wonder if this family does the same thing at times... especially when it comes to cooking meals! It's not like the people on the other side are total strangers, they're family as well, after all!
I did a little searching around on Austin public info sites and I'm not sure, but seems like a detached garage was converted in to a living space.

The dude, Scott, he's 37 years old. He tweets the news channel he appeared on and Jimmy Fallon as a hobby. Guess he finally got his 5 minutes from one of them.

Dude probably lives in the "big house" and showed the 260 sq/ft playroom/guest quarters to get on tv.

Keep Austin Weird.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:30 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Wow, let's be judgmental for the sake of saying we wouldn't do as they do.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Wow, let's be judgmental for the sake of saying we wouldn't do as they do.
Who cares?

The word "judging" is like the word "bullying": used for every situation when feelers "could" be hurt.

Which means it's over used and lost it's "boom" a long time ago.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:46 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Why would the California Highway Patrol have any say in it?
Oops, guess it was CPS ( or in Florida, DCF), I was thinking of. My bad, LOL.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:02 AM

670 posts, read 1,044,283 times
I love those tiny houses that you see in the news now and then. We actually have one down the street, but I've never been in it. I don't think I could do it right now because I own too many things, but eventually, as I age...!

Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
I personally am a huge fan of the tiny house movement as well, I find it fascinating On YouTube, check out Kristen Dirksen's videos for lots of Tiny House love!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:17 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default Tiny House People

...Go outside.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:35 PM

983 posts, read 995,350 times
I'm waiting to see if this tiny homes movement is just a passing fad or really takes hold as a viable living option. Too many issues surrounding them now, like taxes, insurance, zoning laws, banks won't touch them because they aren't worth the time to do a loan, ect.

Another thing, if tiny homes really take off, will they have to be built by certified builders to make sure they're up to code? That will make the price of them go through the (tiny) roof!

I think I could live in one. Hmmm, any new homes in Leprechaun Manor? LOL

Old 05-17-2014, 03:40 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
I would personally hate it, but if they make it work, good for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate