Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 02:34 PM

19,397 posts, read 27,703,839 times

Advertisements

[quote=serate;35046719]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
any reason that you wouldn't take the pets with you? There are several hotel chains that do not charge extra for pets, and are 100% pet friendly. La Quinta and Red Roof Inn, for example. Most of their locations have larger rooms/suites so everyone can spread out a little, and I'd bet that would be cheaper than boarding them. At MOST La Quinta's, every room has a microwave and a small fridge.

Certainly, the pets would be happier and healthier with you guys in a motel room than being boarded.

Note: There may a maximum number of pets per room - check with the hotel directly about that, as I KNOW they will often make exceptions.[/quote]

We have 3 pupdogs and 3 kitties. Don't know of a hotel that will let us stay with all of them.
Not likely at all. It's usually a maximum of two, but if they are small dogs, they might allow three. Some pet friendly hotels are actually dog friendly, but don't allow cats (more people are allergic to cats than dogs, and if they pee in the room, cat pee is harder to remove than dog pee).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 02:38 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,551,738 times
Be glad it's going so quickly, maybe you could have listed for more. It wouldn't likely cost 10k to rent an apartment for 30 days so I don't think that's a reasonable request. A year or so ago it would have likely sat on the market for months and months.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:23 AM

4,578 posts, read 5,643,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
My Realtor just got a couple calls from buyers asking if we were willing to close and vacate within 30 days. That's much faster than I anticipated and there's a significant hassle-factor. I'm thinking that it would take a full price offer + more to cover extra costs for moving, storage, possibly temporary lodging, etc. Say, $10k more (on $800k house). My guess is that it's cash buyers looking for a weekend house and they want use of it for the summer. What are the norms with this? Thoughts?
Well, that's your GUESS -- what do you KNOW?

Have your agent find out what the rush is. They may be running around trying to find a house because their house sold so quickly! If it's just a question of timing of money, they may be willing to allow you to lease back the house for a couple of weeks.

You're worrying about something without all the facts. Get the facts, first, and work from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate