Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 AM

18 posts, read 15,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There again you may not want to hear it but it sounds like YOUR agent did not do their job.

We never consider Verbal Offers binding and YOUR agent should have been on top of this much better.

YOUR agent should have never submitted an unwritten offer by email or sat around waiting for an unwritten response. YOUR agent should have done the contract. YOUR agent should not have waited weeks. YOUR agent should have explained the process much better.

You are blaming the wrong agent IMO. YOUR agent was weak and you are blaming the other agent.
The house wasn't for sale at the time. Renters still occupied the home. We couldn't put in a contract until the seller was ready to go. It wasn't until later that we submitted a formal offer after not hearing from the seller for a few weeks. Then, a few more weeks went by and he rewrote the contract and returned it to us.

If you think my Realtor didn't do her job, we'll just have to agree to disagree. This was a unique situation where the seller was doing everything on his terms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv28 View Post
-

I fail to see what your complaint is.

When you arrived for inspections and found that not all utilities were on you should have immediately terminated inspections and noticed the Seller he was in breach of contract and demanded that all utilities be on for inspections.

And if any of this was real you surely would have been smart enough to immediately pick up the phone and call the gas company and tell them you think there’s a gas leak and in 10 minutes they would have been all over that house like flies on bull ****, which is what I am calling.

So at what point did you call the gas company in your concern for future owners or renters?

-
We were trying to work with the seller as this had been a lengthy process anyhow. I don't think we knew that the gas was off until an hour or so into the inspection.

The renters living at the home didn't mention the gas smell, so we blew it off originally. Then, after seeing the home again, it was still present. We informed the seller/owner and had an inspection scheduled, which I feel is sufficient for a home that I don't own.

You must be a better person than myself as you would've handled the situation much better than myself. Good on you. You're impressive.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:31 AM

404 posts, read 893,791 times
Default no shady, slim

-

You’re hurling of innuendoes at someone because of the condition of a property and because you didn’t get your way is absurd.

If this thread wasn’t a ringer the so called “shady Realtor” would legally determine who you are and would sue your pants off, but there is no such person and we both know it.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
^^^^^
I agree with this.

In the future, I would suggest that you need to make sure that you are the one submitting the written offer. Allowing the Seller to write up the proposed contract allows them to dictate the starting point for negotiations. As a Buyer's Broker, I think that Buyers are much better off by submitting an offer which includes the terms and conditions which they prefer...and to work from there.

Plus, in the other matters, I feel that your agent should have been more diligent.
As stated, we submitted an offer, but the seller modified it (basically rewriting the entire thing). It was on his terms and conditions.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv28 View Post
-

You’re hurling of innuendoes at someone because of the condition of a property and because you didn’t get your way is absurd.

If this thread wasn’t a ringer the so called “shady Realtor” would legally determine who you are and would sue your pants off, but there is no such person and we both know it.
No need to hijack my thread. Thanks for your input. Please don't come back. Have a good day.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:37 AM

404 posts, read 893,791 times
It's your fictitious story and you're sticking to it. I get it.

Last edited by gv28; 06-12-2014 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: was looking for -Report Bogus and Slanderous Thread- button

Old 06-12-2014, 01:30 PM

8,540 posts, read 12,289,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2020 View Post
As stated, we submitted an offer, but the seller modified it (basically rewriting the entire thing). It was on his terms and conditions.
Well, sometimes that happens. You really can't blame him for doing that.

Quick question, though: Was the house listed for sale by a brokerage? I don't know about Texas, but in some states a real estate salesperson can't sell a rental house they own on their own--they need to list it through a brokerage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2020 View Post
Recently, I had a very bad experience with a Realtor and I'm seeking more information on how to proceed. Although I feel like this was a business transaction that just went bad, I feel that there were a lot of questions left unanswered.
In the end, it sounds like you're better off not buying this house, if that's any consolation.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Well, sometimes that happens. You really can't blame him for doing that.

Quick question, though: Was the house listed for sale by a brokerage? I don't know about Texas, but in some states a real estate salesperson can't sell a rental house they own on their own--they need to list it through a brokerage.

In the end, it sounds like you're better off not buying this house, if that's any consolation.
I agree. I understand his position. It's just that I would've been more diplomatic if I had someone trying to give me their money for property that I own, but that's just me and probably most other people. Business is business for him, I guess.

As for the home being sold through his brokerage, I don't think so. The house is for sale NOW through his brokerage, but before, there were two other companies which he owns or is partners in, that were listed on the contract.

You're right. I've never been in a hurry to move, so I am fine with staying put in my current home. I just wanted to be flexible enough to jump on a property before it hit the market as the market here is a tough one for buyers.

Again, I'm not actively angry and pacing the halls, I was just upset that he treated me as just another deep pocket. In the end, his Broker called and informed us that he admitted that he was only seeing the numbers. So, it is what it is and I'm OK with it.

Thanks to most of you for the information and advice. It's appreciated.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:22 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,007,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisemanoncesaid View Post
personally i would just let it go. It doesn't look like any laws were broken. You are probably not going to affect this person in any major way by reporting him.
+1

Old 06-12-2014, 08:24 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,007,471 times
There is no such thing as a verbal offer. That is banter between Realtors. There are real written offers and there is banter. There is nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate