Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

We just got a new agent who immediately got enhanced listings on RE.com for our house and the first words out of his mouth were drop the price! Well, here's a $35k haircut and hoping it'll be enough!
Seems this one is motivated and even though our house doesn't qualify for the SPP at ERA we are following the steps anyway since they seem to work for others.
Here's hoping.... Merry Xmas all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 06:23 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,094 times
Good luck! I hope that does the trick. It stinks to lower a price, but hopefully you will make it back up on the purchase of a new home. Sending you luck!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,465 times
Good luck! Sounds like you've got someone motivated to finally get you sold, I hope it doesn't take too much longer!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,244 times
wishing you luck!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:03 PM

965 posts, read 4,500,356 times
Here's hoping you get a wonderful Christmas present of a seriously interested cash buyer who feels your house is priced appropriately and wants to move pronto. Good luck!

Merry Christmas to you too!

Old 12-18-2007, 05:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
Good luck! I hope that does the trick. It stinks to lower a price, but hopefully you will make it back up on the purchase of a new home. Sending you luck!
Thank you all! Yes, it kind of bites to have to take the price cut but in complete honesty I'll still be ok, I won't make much on my labor and sweat building this thing but on the up side I won't be losing any "seed" money just labor and time, but I learned a whole lot doing this project.
The other upside is I will be able to buy something for less than I could have if I had sold a year ago so I try to look at it as a wash.
I'm sure we've all had things we've made go bad, be it a cake you spent hours on only to have it fall off the plate when you walk it to the table or a whole plate of cookies you decorated only to look in on them and realize the dog ate them....
Life happens, it's frustrating and maddening at times but it's life I guess. Who I feel for are those that actually lost their "seed" money and now have their down payments in jeapordy. Now that's just wrong!

Hope y'all have a happy season weather buying or trying to sell, and as grandma is fond of saying "this too shall pass" and when it does you'll realize everything happens when it's supposed to.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:51 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,465 times
LOL - I like your analogies! My cakes rarely make it all the way to the plate, I have trouble getting them out of the pan in one piece...

Hope you're having a good holiday, Jim! Everyone else too, for that matter!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:18 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,021,727 times
Happy holidays to you too jim. your analogy put a smile on my face for the first time this week. Hubby and I had our Title V inspection on our septic tank monday and it failed. we have ONE option left in hopes of getting it to pass (it failed our town's septic laws but passed massachusetts law, town's law supersedes state law). Of course this option means digging up a piece of our NEWLY PAVED driveway in order to look at the tank (need to see if there's crushed stone around it - if there is it will pass) but if it means passing then so be it.

Sending positive thoughts your way. Any positive thoughts you can spare would be appreciated.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:28 AM

940 posts, read 1,367,731 times
Good luck jimj!! We've all been at this for awhile!! Hopefully after the New Year we will start seeing alot of sold theads on here!!

Happy Holidays to all and Best Wishes for the New Year!!

Old 12-19-2007, 09:49 AM

2,203 posts, read 9,321,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Thank you all! Yes, it kind of bites to have to take the price cut but in complete honesty I'll still be ok, I won't make much on my labor and sweat building this thing but on the up side I won't be losing any "seed" money just labor and time, but I learned a whole lot doing this project.
The other upside is I will be able to buy something for less than I could have if I had sold a year ago so I try to look at it as a wash.
I'm sure we've all had things we've made go bad, be it a cake you spent hours on only to have it fall off the plate when you walk it to the table or a whole plate of cookies you decorated only to look in on them and realize the dog ate them....
Life happens, it's frustrating and maddening at times but it's life I guess. Who I feel for are those that actually lost their "seed" money and now have their down payments in jeapordy. Now that's just wrong!

Hope y'all have a happy season weather buying or trying to sell, and as grandma is fond of saying "this too shall pass" and when it does you'll realize everything happens when it's supposed to.
Great attitude, Jimj! I think a lot of sellers would be able to move on if they just realized they're getting a better deal now on the other side of things, instead of looking at the peak of the market and saying "I lost $XXX on my house!" You really can't lose what you never had in your pocket. As long as you can keep your "seed" money in your pocket, you're better off than many today. Plus I applaud you for just biting the bullet now and getting aggressive with the price and getting the house sold (which I have every confidence it WILL sell now) instead of trying to hold out for a higher price, only to watch the market keep falling around you. You'll get a much better price doing it this way . . . Plus you'll be DONE WITH IT!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. You teach many valuable lessons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate