Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:13 PM

41 posts, read 98,308 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the responses! I like the one where I should lower to $200k Lol...Just to provide more background, these homes were built near a "high end development" so I guess it wasn't that bad of an idea? With that being said we were informed that on average it takes 18 months to sell 1 of these particular homes. The good news is we priced our home lower by approx 200k than the other builders hoping that ours would go first.
I am actually just one of a few builder sales reps. The company is trying to save money by not going with a broker and wants us to sell it very quickly. The problem is, we as builder reps don't have these types of connections.
Anyhow, I would love to be the one to sell it, not only for the big payday, but I would instantly be a legend in my company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 01:18 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,012,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Even worse, several builders went in together on this fiasco? Are they all new to the business? SMH
That is what I was thinking too. However, builders build, and I can see no reason they might have any particular understanding of the real estate market. It's possible all they understand is nails and framing and sheet rock.

But heh, LOL, even I know you don't over-build and I'm nothing, just a retired engineer.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:18 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,321,377 times
Milk Duds, anyone?

Old 07-08-2014, 04:04 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,708,905 times
Sure. Popcorn?

Old 07-08-2014, 07:47 PM

173 posts, read 2,114,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
You can list it on zillow for free. Just make sure the zestimate is at or above your asking before entering the listing and offer something out to the buyers agents.
When 17% of Zestimates are more than 25% inaccurate that could be a major problem if the Zestimate understates the value of the home. On a luxury home there is a significant probability that Zillows algorithm has no basis of computing an accurate valuation and it is most likely the Zestimate will be below the appraised value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate