Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 03:15 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,156,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttatheRain View Post
Update from original poster--an offer came in from that buyer

Great news!!

And nice to hear that there isn't always a problem with the long showing appt, some buyers just need a little bit longer than others to be sure.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 12:33 AM

28,112 posts, read 63,582,196 times
I've had a total of two hours in one day...

Young couple came and loved the place... came back with her parents about an hour later... asked if they could show it to his parents that evening... so yes... total of 2 hours in one day...

And... yes, they bought it!

Old 07-11-2014, 04:48 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,628,890 times
I had a potential buyer once, stayed over an hour, asked every question there was, opened the hallway closet, blah, blah. Then, they emailed our useless realtor (another story) to ask us has a cat ever lived in the house. "Ever," well, yes we had a cat at one time (was deceased) and I'm sure most houses in America have had a cat or dog in their house at some point! Try and find a house that hasn't "ever" had a cat in it. Maybe search the deed for cat inhabitants--Lol.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:07 AM

51,635 posts, read 25,741,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post

I had a realtor buddy that once complained about a Mom and her three kids that wanted to see a few homes he had listed. At the first one she looked for about an hour and then told the kids to get out of the pool so they could go to the next one. Yeah, you guessed. All the homes on her list had pools. Nope, none of the kids brought towels. My buddy was quite upset that his newly cleaned upholstery was all wet at the end of the day and that he did not get a sale out of the ordeal.
The realtor stands by while a woman lets her three kids swim in one pool after another?

He may have been caught off guard when the kids jumped in the first time. (Though the swimming suits might have been a giveaway.) But why didn't he tell the woman that kids would have to get out of the pool as there were liability issues involved?

And why did he let this go on at several homes?

We've had realtors bring families through where the kids jumped on the beds (bedspreads all rumpled when we got home), turned on and used our computers, left clumps of dirt, cookie chunks, etc. all over the house....

We ended up banning one realtor from showing our home when he responded to our concern over several missing items and a broken table with "What's the big deal?"

I thought realtors showing homes were supposed to ensure that the people they brought through weren't stealing the TVs and so forth. Apparently not.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:40 AM

4,269 posts, read 6,284,182 times
When my husband and I were first time homebuyers we looked at over 70 houses across a wide swath of the NYC/NJ area. We basically just toured the house, looked in the backyard, walked the street it was on, and then left. 15-20 minutes tops. When we finally saw the house we eventually bought, we knew within 2-3 minutes that it was meant to be our house. We hadn't even seen the 2nd floor and we were both nodding to each other without saying the words to give away how much we liked the house in front of the homeowners (who were home and making dinner during our showing).

I'd be ticked if I was selling a house and someone "lived" in my house for 1-2 hours. It's just rude. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:05 AM

51,635 posts, read 25,741,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Our current house purchased in 2011.
Under 10 seconds to make the decision.
Under 5 mins to check out the house.
3473 West Moncrieff Place, Denver, CO

Two hours is crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Wow, that place looks European. It could have been located in my neighborhood. Good to see you are progressing in building and interior style, even in Colorado. Has it been build according to European quality standards as well?
Not quite sure what to make of that last comment. It read rude and condescending to me. Perhaps that is not what you meant, it just came across that way.

We lived in a European home for several years. I was not impressed by the quality standards. House was cold. No closets in the bedrooms. The kitchen was cramped. And it was impossible to get enough hot water to take a bath.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:03 AM

17,696 posts, read 29,740,469 times
Default No and No

Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Wow, that place looks European. It could have been located in my neighborhood. ... Has it been build according to European quality standards as well?
1. Original design from New Zealand. Drawings modified in Denver to meet local building standards.
2. Built to local Denver code and standards. For example, casement windows and not Euro-style tilt and turn.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:19 AM

284 posts, read 378,241 times
We had found (online) what we thought was our dream home. When we first went to see it, it didn't hit all the check marks we had hoped for - lacked storage/laundry/bathroom size, etc. However, there were things that were amazing. So on our second visit, a lot of time was spent really looking at the space and trying to sort out where things could go and how we could make it work for us. We probably were there for about 2 hours. Glad we did, because it IS our dream home now.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:56 AM

991 posts, read 1,516,687 times
I had one buyer that wanted to spend several hours inside on their own, with their family and dog to make sure it felt right. We had to clean up muddy dog prints, pretty tacky. They did end up buying it though.

I have dogs and would never ask to let them test drive a property.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:14 PM

494 posts, read 848,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray horse View Post
I had one buyer that wanted to spend several hours inside on their own, with their family and dog to make sure it felt right. We had to clean up muddy dog prints, pretty tacky. They did end up buying it though.

I have dogs and would never ask to let them test drive a property.
I know of someone who asked to bring their dog with them because they wanted to make sure the dog could navigate a tricky stair situation with bad hips. They asked after the 1st look. They said they understood if it wasn't OK. The owner said yes and they bought the house.

In that situation it makes sense, to bring a dog (certainly not one unannounced). It also makes sense for the seller to allow it if the person seems like a serious buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate