Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 03:37 PM

239 posts, read 617,722 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
I recently put in an offer for a manufactured home (mobile home). Man, they aren't what they used to be! The offer was accepted.

Anyway, My sister, brother in law and I are going to be on the title. I am paying cash. I don't have good credit and I always pay my rent about 2 weeks late because my SSI payment comes the 3rd wednesday of each month. My question is this: I have to be approved for mobile home park, since we are all 3 on the title of the home, all 3 of us had to fill out application for park. Even if my credit sucks, will they still approve me because my sis and BIL have excellent credit?

I am the only one who will be living there. There will be no problem with criminal or background check. How often do mobile home parks turn people down?

Thanks for your input. I'm really a nervous wreck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 03:46 PM

81 posts, read 106,301 times
I used to be a maintenance man for a mobile home park in NC. The only time I have heard of someone not being allowed to move in was due to criminal record. Bad credit in my opinion and experience won't matter.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:49 PM

239 posts, read 617,722 times
Thank you SO much. That makes me feel so much better. I know they have a bad rep, but these homes I've been seeing are gorgeous and the parks look beautiful. Not what I think of when I hear "mobile home park"

Again, TY for replying

Old 08-14-2014, 06:06 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,300,551 times
Mortgage brokers spend about half their time writing "Letters of Explanation" to mortgage underwriters. I suggest that if you have a valid explanation for your credit score, it might be a good thing to draft a letter to the MHP.

As for paying your rent late, I think you may have missed the boat by arranging with your landlord a different due date because of the timing of your income.

I seriously doubt OTOH, that your credit score is dinged just by the late rent payments.

Good Luck!

Old 08-16-2014, 03:49 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,964,911 times
The park isn't going to like getting their space rent late every month, so I suggest you figure out your budget so you can pay on time. You and your mobile home can both be evicted from the park for non pyment, or even consistently late payment.

How is it that you have enough money to pay all cash for a manufactured home and yet didn't have the money to pay your rent, month after month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate