Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 08:29 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,821,557 times

Advertisements

Would anyone see a problem with someone attending an open house at the childhood home of old friends who have moved away, just to see the place one more time and revisit old memories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 10:20 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,161,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Would anyone see a problem with someone attending an open house at the childhood home of old friends who have moved away, just to see the place one more time and revisit old memories?
No, it's not a problem. It's nice having people come through the door and we don't expect every one of them to be a potential buyer of the home.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 508 times
Smile Open House Etiquette

Yes, of course you can visit. Just be up front with the Realtor on duty. Please also leave your details despite what others say - the Realtor will call you to follow up, offering her services. This is a good time for you to not only see what types of houses are on the market, but also vet through some Realtors. You will get a feel for the different types of personalities and when the time comes for you to buy you will have had good exposure to Realtors and be able to choose one that fits your needs and who you think you can work with. Always be polite and up front if you don't want them to call you again.
As a Realtor, I do not like to hassle clients, but I do need to let them know that I am there and available and I can only do that by contacting them and offering my services. If they ask me not to call again, I won't.
Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate