Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 10:52 AM

393 posts, read 407,076 times

Advertisements

Media just announced the couple is splitting up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 12:00 PM

51,585 posts, read 25,589,248 times
Six months ago, he ran out the house with a gun and she ran after him. He said he grabbed the gun for protection from wild animals. Police confiscated all his guns.

Just watched their commercial about holiday homes and the dynamic seems about the same.

I like the dramatic transformations of their homes. Wish she would up her design game. White Shaker cabinets, white subway tile, quartz countertops, and gray laminate floors are not "high design" in my book.

Their stagers do good work.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:06 PM

680 posts, read 1,915,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Add that to comments like some have made here that his wife is a hottie the fact that their marriage has issues doesn't surprise me.
What?

So if you have a wife that's a "hottie" you may have marriage issues? Really?

Old 12-13-2016, 12:08 PM

5,697 posts, read 19,097,632 times
I knew it wouldn't take long to announce that she was seeing someone "in the industry." I seriously doubt there was no infidelity either. They sure have moved on quickly.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:18 PM

5,697 posts, read 19,097,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volk2k View Post
What?

So if you have a wife that's a "hottie" you may have marriage issues? Really?
I think it has to do more with her being plastic and the typical Cali persona. I saw a special edition episode where it showed them in the beginning when they were living with his mother. She was still very pretty but far less made up. No fake eyelashes, etc. I think she actually looked better back then. People often said he married above his pay grade which I always thought was kind of cruel. I think she just looks more and more made up but what do I know? Maybe he is a real douche.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:35 PM

983 posts, read 1,173,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
Media just announced the couple is splitting up.
Was only a matter of time ....

He was definitely 'Over-Chicked'

Some heavy hitter producer / film industry big shot obviously swooned her over

Old 12-13-2016, 01:30 PM

51,585 posts, read 25,589,248 times
Aside from the 7 year itch (lots of marriages hit a wall at 7 years, 14 years...), she had a difficult pregnancy, he had thyroid cancer, they lived in a hotel for months while their home was remodeled... Lot of stress here

Maybe after a deep deep breath...

Fingers crosssed.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:08 PM

2,737 posts, read 5,437,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
There was a new program aired this week. She arrived with the kids at the end and complimented him on the project. My feeling was that because they now had two young children she was stepping back from the remodeling activity.

He has health problems. I have read that he has had thyroid cancer, he had back problems evident in a couple episodes. It wouldn't surprise me if he had depression stemming from those conditions. Add that to comments like some have made here that his wife is a hottie the fact that their marriage has issues doesn't surprise me.
Thyroid cancer is one of the most curable cancers. No question they've been through a lot of stress, but he may not have any more cancer issues. In a recent show something was mentioned about his chronic back problems that she attributed to his overdoing athletics as a kid. Not sure what to make of that.

I really like the shows too, despite how unrealistic they are (as nearly all HGTV shows are), as others have said. I never quite understand how couples can have such young children yet decide to split up. I hope whatever the issues are can be worked out.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 AM

633 posts, read 578,337 times
She is way too hot for him. Plus he is shooting blanks now.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:01 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,440,625 times
Her level of annoyingness negates most of her hotness. I couldn't deal with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate