Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 02:27 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,777,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
Hello
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I would be very interested in where to find these permits online in Florida! If you could post or PM me the link, whichever is best, please do so. it would be very much appreciated. Thanks again!
Here is the link for Pasco County: https://secure.pascocountyfl.net/bcc...mitSearch.aspx
Here is the link for Hillsborough County: https://www.velocityhall.com/accela/...&STATE=FLORIDA
Here is the link for Pinellas: https://www.velocityhall.com/accela/...&STATE=FLORIDA
If you have specific county in mind, let me know here or in PM and I will find the link for permits lookup for you.

If you are searching by address, also look up the entire street/ street next to it to see if anything was going on near by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I understand a filled sink hole would be the best lot to buy!

Well, that's what they said on ABC News 2 days ago,
As I remember from my geotechnical classes, there are two ways to "fix" the problem associated with the sink hole - and filling is not the best option. Pinning is the way to go, but it costs more upfront and most insurance companies are not covering this method.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:23 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,688,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Here is the link for Pasco County: https://secure.pascocountyfl.net/bcc...mitSearch.aspx
Here is the link for Hillsborough County: https://www.velocityhall.com/accela/...&STATE=FLORIDA
Here is the link for Pinellas: https://www.velocityhall.com/accela/...&STATE=FLORIDA
If you have specific county in mind, let me know here or in PM and I will find the link for permits lookup for you.

If you are searching by address, also look up the entire street/ street next to it to see if anything was going on near by.
A big thank you! These links are a great start!

Old 11-17-2014, 08:17 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,243,311 times
Quote:
I was referring to different tile line like until rain season to see leakage problems. Unfortunately home warranty doesn't cover structural and/or construction defects and many builders who were building in our air are out of business, so you are on your own. I am sure some people are OK spending thousands on costly repairs, but most I would image are not. We are talking about 5-10 year old houses.
Ok, well my home was 48 years old when we bought it so we kind of figured that we would have to replace a lot of things. The roof had allready been replaced the year we bought it. Lucky us it seldom rains here at all. Well, would love to get some water for my palm trees. LOL

Old 11-17-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Ok, well my home was 48 years old when we bought it so we kind of figured that we would have to replace a lot of things. The roof had allready been replaced the year we bought it. Lucky us it seldom rains here at all. Well, would love to get some water for my palm trees. LOL
I bet houses built 30-50 years ago will be a better choice than this crap build within last 15 years by mass builders in Florida...

Old 11-18-2014, 07:16 AM

268 posts, read 355,813 times
Quote:
IF it disclosed, sure, but if not? Who is responsible to share about upcoming road back to back with listed property? Realtor? Inspector? Bank who is the seller and most likely out of state?

Seriously? Who is responsible? YOU ARE!
Sure it would be "nice" if everyone from the Seller to the Bank would disclose "EVERYYYYYTHING" wrong, potientially wrong, or wrong in 20 yrs, to you, but this is YOUR PURCHASE.

You are responsible for finding out EVERYTHING you can when buying such a large financial purchase.
Quit trying to lay the blame on someone else for the lack of your due diligence.

Now if there was a LAW broken, thats a different story, and there are laws that realtors, banks, sellers have to follow. But even when there are laws, any person should be checking as much as they publicly can about the home they are about to purchase.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dihappy View Post
Seriously? Who is responsible? YOU ARE!
Sure it would be "nice" if everyone from the Seller to the Bank would disclose "EVERYYYYYTHING" wrong, potientially wrong, or wrong in 20 yrs, to you, but this is YOUR PURCHASE.

You are responsible for finding out EVERYTHING you can when buying such a large financial purchase.
Quit trying to lay the blame on someone else for the lack of your due diligence.

Now if there was a LAW broken, thats a different story, and there are laws that realtors, banks, sellers have to follow. But even when there are laws, any person should be checking as much as they publicly can about the home they are about to purchase.
Well, that's why I opened this thread in my local sub forum to warn people. Most people trust their eyes and don't do any researches.
I am OK with doing my homework and researches, I just want other people to do the same.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:55 PM

32 posts, read 47,982 times
it's a buyers market in Tampa...go for it..

Old 03-16-2015, 03:22 AM

250 posts, read 690,935 times
Quote:
...(and too bad this thread was moved to another subforum where most people moving to our area are not really reading)
EngGirl, I agree that this thread has some info that can be very valuable to some homebuyers in the Tampa Bay area and that many of these aren't likely to see it here. I'm thinking of the info about the (a) planned road near Saddlebrook and Meadow Pointe, and (b) sinkholes. Some other info, such as that about toxic drywalls, may also apply to houses in other areas of FL and the USA, but it may be helpful to homebuyers to know these are in the Tampa Bay area.

I think it's worthwhile for you to consider posting again in the Tampa Bay forum, but this time use a title for your post that clearly shows its for Tampa Bay homebuyers, such as "If you're looking to buy a house in the Tampa Bay area, read this!"

Then start your message with problems that are of special concern in the Tampa Bay area, such as that planned road and the sink holes (you may have mentioned others that I missed). Follow these with problems that you've seen in the Tampa Bay area which, although not unique to that area, you want to warn homebuyers about.

I really think the info about problems specific to Tampa Bay homebuyers should be posted in the Tampa Bay forum. I hope the moderators will leave your new post there and believe they will.

Best wishes.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:43 AM

I agree this thread before it went out of its course should be in Tampa Bay subforum, but Tampa's moderators don't think it should be there for some reason.
Everything I post related to housing issues making real estate agents in our area angry... who knows why!?

Let me know if you have any specific questions about Wesley Chapel area or Pasco County and will see if I can find any information to address these questions.

a) Curley Rd realignment and Chancey Rd extension
I might be mistaken, but Curley Rd realignment is under study and Chacey is under design. I don't see Curley being built within next 5-10 years, but Chancey - looks like needed right of way was already acquired, so if you go to property appraisal web site for Pasco and find the area around Double Branch Elementary, look west of the school and you should see there the future road will be built.

b) sinkholes - I have access to some data, but it should mirror the permit records, so if you search by address or by the street, you will see sinkhole activity history. I don't know of any updated maps showing accurate info, so permit search is the best alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate