Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 08:01 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,238,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl7 View Post
My husband is even now upset with how this all happened,

No, your husband is upset over your over-reaction to the move and loves you enough to agree with your anxiety and reaction. He is trying to appease you and find something to make you happy. As I have said in several posts, and another poster stated above, I truly believe your problem in not the house. The house is what you have decided is the problem. You have fixated on it. The problem is the move itself.

I give up. I suggest other posters do the same. What is that definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. No one here is going to be able to help the OP until she decides to help herself.

Last edited by rrah; 11-28-2014 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-28-2014, 11:01 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,410,219 times
Since I went through 18 pages of the same thing, how about something new?

Got any pics? I want to see this place now.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:13 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,837,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I give up. I suggest other posters do the same. What is that definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. No one here is going to be able to help the OP until she decides to help herself.
Right there with ya.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:05 AM

240 posts, read 346,502 times
Please answer this. what is an addendum? The appraiser put that on appraisal and why won't he talk to me? he said I have to send my questions through bank to get to him? How can he appraise my same model house in everyway to am updated on for same prices? He also puts orignal list price on appraisl when the seller is the one who set list price. why are those on appraisal?

Old 11-29-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Please answer this. what is an addendum? The appraiser put that on appraisal and why won't he talk to me? he said I have to send my questions through bank to get to him? How can he appraise my same model house in everyway to am updated on for same prices? He also puts orignal list price on appraisl when the seller is the one who set list price. why are those on appraisal?
Against all better judgement, since you're just falling further and further down this stupid rabbit hole...

Addendum: an item of additional material, added at the end.

The appraiser won't talk to you, he doesn't work for you, his job is done. If you're half as psycho trying to get ahold of him with year old questions as you are on this board - he's probably running from you.

List price is material to contract price. An area that has homes going at or above list is on the upswing. Homes
Going significantly below list heading the other way.

Seriously. You need to stop. Really stop. You can't
Do anything about the past, and all you're doing is ruining your future with this.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:27 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,698,626 times
The appraiser is required by federal regulation to put the list price of your home on the appraisal report. The appraiser is not permitted by federal regulation to speak to you about the appraisal report. He can only communicate with the client. You are not the client. The lender is the client.

Some lenders may also require the appraiser to use a couple/few pending or active listings in addition to closed sales. The appraiser can figure out a list price to sales price ratio for the area and apply it to those comparables if he chooses.

An addendum is a page or pages with additional information or commentary. The appraiser can use whatever comps he feels are suitable and make adjustments to them.

Remember the appraisal is not being done for you. It's being done for the lender to see if the value is there for mortgage lending. Evidently the underwriter was satisfied with the appraisal or you would not have gotten your loan.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:56 AM

240 posts, read 346,502 times
The house was bought a month ago not year. I just can't get over that an updated model and my house appraised at same value that's all. that makes perfect sense that I question it.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:59 AM

34,091 posts, read 82,490,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post

I give up. I suggest other posters do the same.
^^What he said.
Attached Thumbnails
How do square footage comps work?-fork.jpg  

Old 11-29-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
The house was bought a month ago not year. I just can't get over that an updated model and my house appraised at same value that's all. that makes perfect sense that I question it.
No. It does not make sense for you to question an appraisal that came in above your offer. Nothing of what you're doing makes any sense - that's what literally everyone here has been telling you.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:39 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,111,078 times
Find a Therapist, Psychologist, Counselor - Psychology Today

Use this website to find a licensed mental health professional near you. You can search by zip code.

I wish you well. You're not going to find the answers you're looking for on any of the city data forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate