Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 10:42 AM

240 posts, read 347,627 times

Advertisements

Thank u turtle creek

Old 11-29-2014, 11:58 AM

576 posts, read 659,672 times
Default I have no idea why I'm beating the same dead horse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl7 View Post
This is Sunshinegirl7 but I am on my computer where I can't login.
My husband is even now upset with how this all happened, I know you guys are thinking I am overreacting, but if you found a house that you LOVED the layout of and knew it had super potential BUT it was priced too high and you then thought if you low ball offered and got it, it would be worth updating right?

How did you go from LOVING the layout, to total despondency?

Our realtor presented us with the comps and told us what he comped it out to and what the listing price was originally, then we came up with offer that we thought was low balling but still within reason,reatlor made you feel like you were low balling and getting a great deal, you make the offer, you get it and you move in and then find out seller took fixtures, had some broken things hidden, carpet was in much worse condition because hidden by furniture. Then you have issues come up that are $1500 in damage and find out seller hid items,

It's normal and expected that you missed a few things. It is not cause for distress.

then on top of all that you are told by people that you overpaid, so you start talking to realtors and find out the real way to comp is NOT by square feet only but by updated vs. non updated and you paid the same price, then find out that your realtor didn't even say to get any selller assistance or anything because you didn't push it because you thought you were getting a good deal. Same with things like pool and pool deck needing resurfaced, everything being very updated, old carpet because again you didn't want to push it becaues you felt like you were getting a great deal. I think some of you would be upset,

Stop listening to "people". They don't know what they are talking about. You don't value a property on only one thing, size and condition are only two, out of dozens of factors, used to determine market value. People can "say" whatever they want. Look at the appraisal, do you see the signature? The appraiser who has years more knowledge, training and experience, certified he performed a complete analysis on the house, comparables and market in general. He has to be able to document and defend his value. He put his reputation and livelihood on the line. "People" don't have a clue.

I mean seriously I lost a lot of money right up front because house supposedly isn't even worthwhat I paid and the price I paid is not a deal! I put my whole life savings down on the house because I thought this was the one, now I realize it wasn't and in order to even list it again I have to paint EVERY single room and possibly even more money into it.

No, even if everything you believe is true, you won't lose the money unless you sell right now.

Please tell me now how we are overreacting and NOW that my husband knows we got ripped off and even an attorney told me we weren't represented by our realtor, I think I know what I am talking about!.

You may want to clarify what you're attorney was attempting to convey to you. I'm sure he didn't tell you that the house wasn't worth what you paid.

Doctor told me I have situational depression, he said tlaking to me he can see what is upsetting me and understood completly, so I am not crazy!
No, you're not crazy, but you are suffering from depression. Your doctor is the person you should be listening to. You can't cure depression by selling a house. If you could, every real estate agent out there would be a millionaire!

Sorry, I had to add paragraphs to your post to sort through it all.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:22 PM

You guys are really great and I want SO badly to get through this and be ok, right now in my mind if I stay here I feel like I will have to replace everything in 5 years and then maybe break even. I am SO afraid of losing it all. My son said to me the other night how successful I have been and I don't want to let him down BUT right now in my situation with a very outdated house that I paid a huge amount for and put everything down on, I feel like I will lose everything. I am afraid this big house will be more maintenance then we were prepared for. The appraisal I keep going back on because 2 identical houses are the same amount on paper when one had all new everything. I know I keep repeating that. that's what I want an answer for
I did number crunching with my husband to say in 5 years if we put 30,000 in then sell for 30,000 more than we paid (which is not even close to bring a guarantee) we will possibly break even. So that is the part of me that wants to sell, lose 30,000 now and live in a smaller simpler house with updates. A this house has had NO updates at all and they let evrtytjing go.

I hope I can come back here some day and have positive news. right now I feel like I am losing everything including who I am.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:38 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,848,579 times
**** it. I give up.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:20 PM

991 posts, read 1,515,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior12 View Post
**** it. I give up.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:36 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,806,963 times
Quote:
The house was bought a month ago not year. I just can't get over that an updated model and my house appraised at same value that's all. that makes perfect sense that I question it.
The appraisal was done well after you agreed, in the contract, to pay a certain price for the property. The appraisal was done for the lender, not for you. Why do you continue to blame the appraiser for the price that you had already agreed to?

Pull on your big girl panties, quit whining and take responsibility for what you caused to occur in the past and start to make the house what you wanted it to be.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:08 AM

kokonutty if the appraisal isn't accurate then I paid more than I should have! so u are saying it's accurate if one updated house compared to a non dates house is accurate?
I don't want to be In this house anymore and want to go back to renting. this house is gojng to kill me financially if I stay. it's way too big and needs way too many updates. I messed up completly and mentally can't handle that. I am not strong and this is ruining everything for me

Old 11-30-2014, 08:17 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,300,778 times
Don't feed the bear.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:35 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,578,134 times
Quote:
I am so worried that I won't be able to sell it for what I paid for it and to move on with my life my family agrees the condition I am in mentally we need to resell it. I just worry what if appraisal was done wrong because they used the updated house as a comp and appraised it for rmecaxtly what updated house sold for.
Because yeah you know how appraisers get things wrong all the time? They get soooo confused with all of the contracts and photos....it's sooooo hard to keep each house straight. I mean how do you separate in your mind a yellow Colonial and a brick Cape?

Quote:
I just went through my appraisal again and noticed they put tile for bathroom floors and all 3.5 have lineolum. do u think that alone raised my appraisal? the flooring says laminate, carpet and lineolum but under bathroom it says tile. They also put list price down for houses which shouldn't matter since seller is the one who made list price for ours and appraiser also put the house that had major upgrades as a comp, how is that possible? do you think my appraisal is wrong?
Wow you sound like a psycho! Maybe you should give Dr. Phil a call. The things you sit and stew over are simply AMAZING!

Quote:
This is Sunshinegirl7 but I am on my computer where I can't login.
My husband is even now upset with how this all happened, I know you guys are thinking I am overreacting, but if you found a house that you LOVED the layout of and knew it had super potential BUT it was priced too high and you then thought if you low ball offered and got it, it would be worth updating right? Our realtor presented us with the comps and told us what he comped it out to and what the listing price was originally, then we came up with offer that we thought was low balling but still within reason,reatlor made you feel like you were low balling and getting a great deal, you make the offer, you get it and you move in and then find out seller took fixtures, had some broken things hidden, carpet was in much worse condition because hidden by furniture. Then you have issues come up that are $1500 in damage and find out seller hid items, then on top of all that you are told by people that you overpaid, so you start talking to realtors and find out the real way to comp is NOT by square feet only but by updated vs. non updated and you paid the same price, then find out that your realtor didn't even say to get any selller assistance or anything because you didn't push it because you thought you were getting a good deal. Same with things like pool and pool deck needing resurfaced, everything being very updated, old carpet because again you didn't want to push it becaues you felt like you were getting a great deal. I think some of you would be upset, I mean seriously I lost a lot of money right up front because house supposedly isn't even worth what I paid and the price I paid is not a deal! I put my whole life savings down on the house because I thought this was the one, now I realize it wasn't and in order to even list it again I have to paint EVERY single room and possibly even more money into it. Please tell me now how we are overreacting and NOW that my husband knows we got ripped off and even an attorney told me we weren't represented by our realtor, I think I know what I am talking about!. Doctor told me I have situational depression, he said tlaking to me he can see what is upsetting me and understood completly, so I am not crazy!
Yeah, right. You're not crazy. I've got a beautiful bridge for sale in Alaska....You can walk to Russia from it.

What did the seller hide? You had the opportunity to walk through the house and look at everything. You also had the opportunity for an inspection. If you didn't do those things, then you're an idiot.

Oh my god!! The horror! You have to paint every single room!!!

Ummm I built a brand new house and still painted every single room because I didn't like the entire house the same color. Every house I've ever owned I've painted.

Quote:
Please answer this. what is an addendum? The appraiser put that on appraisal and why won't he talk to me? he said I have to send my questions through bank to get to him? How can he appraise my same model house in everyway to am updated on for same prices? He also puts orignal list price on appraisl when the seller is the one who set list price. why are those on appraisal?
You do realize the appraiser does NOT work for you, right? You did not hire him. He can't talk to you because your'e not his client. Then again, even if you paid me I wouldn't talk to you because you come off as a complete fruitcake and you are questioning every minor detail. You're questioning things you don't even understand or you're just completely making crap up. We all get it. You're unhappy. Seek professional help.

Quote:
The house was bought a month ago not year. I just can't get over that an updated model and my house appraised at same value that's all. that makes perfect sense that I question it.
GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real estate is far from a game of perfect sense.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Ok my only guess is either most people have more money to blow then they know what to do with or money doesn't matter to anyone when this is my whole issue wrapped up to sum it all up, it's clearly about money on my part, saved for a long time and feel ripped off that's all this topic really is about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate