Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 3 days ago)

43,068 posts, read 76,614,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy RTW View Post
Thanks for all of the great information. My wife and I visited Sun City about 5 years ago. Would that prohibit us from coming back now with a buyers agent?
No, particularly if you stand your ground.
But, I don't expect they would make an issue of it after 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 08:59 AM

19,374 posts, read 27,612,459 times
Just don't tell them. I doubt they have the records from that long ago. If they pop up with it later, again, Mike is right.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:45 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,668,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Del Webb can be particularly difficult about allowing you to use an agent after you have already visited. (We always used fake names, phone numbers, email, etc just in case. But we ended up not buying in Del Webb.)

Mike Janquish is spot on (as usual). I've told this story before around here, but when we purchased new construction, our realtor's careful and complete documentation ended up requiring the builder to include over $12000 in upgrades that we didn't pay for - including a structural upgrade that added 100 square feet to the house. And when we had construction delays, she pushed at them to resolve the problems as quickly as possible.

She also went with us to the design center and helped with some if those choices. We had never built before, had just moved from Phoenix where styles are VERY different, and we were overwhelmed with the choices. Without her assistance, we would have made several selections that would have been mistakes in the local market - both in terms of beauty and resale. (Mostly flooring choices - wood floors are not common in Phoenix.)

Get a Realtor to represent YOU. This is not a situation where you employ DIY tactics or trust the salesperson who works for the builder.
That's one good agent. The most important thing is to get a good agent. When I moved to Eastern Washington I got an agent who treated me like a customer for life from the day she first met me. She bought and sold two houses and found me a rental home for a temporary relocation to Portland. She also found a local mover for my relocation to Portland and, eventually, my move from WA to CO, and in between helped me pack and/or unpack every time, including in and out of a 1 month temporary rental when i just returned from Portland, which she also found.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:00 PM

10,931 posts, read 11,668,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
That's one good agent. The most important thing is to get a good agent. When I moved to Eastern Washington I got an agent who treated me like a customer for life from the day she first met me. She bought and sold two houses and found me a rental home for a temporary relocation to Portland. She also found a local mover for my relocation to Portland and, eventually, my move from WA to CO, and in between helped me pack and/or unpack every time, including in and out of a 1 month temporary rental when i just returned from Portland, which she also found.
I should add, I didn't shave her commission, like some of the other cheapskates lurking here, and gave her a small Christmas present every year.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:18 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,174,487 times
Pulte doesn't build the greatest quality.... the homes in sun city here leave much to be desired

Old 11-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 3 days ago)

43,068 posts, read 76,614,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Pulte doesn't build the greatest quality.... the homes in sun city here leave much to be desired
"You're not buying a home. You're buying a lifestyle."

Old 11-27-2014, 08:43 PM

17,676 posts, read 29,593,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"You're not buying a home. You're buying a..."
a house built via the "crappy system".
Crap.
Crap.
Pulte = stay away.
Personal observation.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:39 AM

10 posts, read 9,689 times
Investing in real estate is the big platform for earning money. Hiring real estate agent is the good selection, as they are the skilled person who knows all the basic for buying home and investing in real estate.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:54 PM

6 posts, read 6,170 times
There are websites out there that will pair you with an agent for a new builder and they will also give you 25% back of the agents commission. We are a member of that service and I do know they have agents in AZ, and I agree, you should always use a real estate agent when purchasing with a new builder as you need someone on your side in case something goes wrong and the builders agents are not.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:06 AM

31 posts, read 93,097 times
Default Buyers Agent

Thanks Robbie. Can you refer me to the websites that you know of for locating an agent for new home construction? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate