Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 09:15 PM

8,544 posts, read 12,311,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
There is no representation for a buyer in the 'LEGAL" transactions of RE (cannot be by law)
Wrong. Very wrong.

Pretender extraordinaire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLRjFWDGs1g

Last edited by jackmichigan; 12-01-2014 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: The Great Pretender
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 09:53 PM

10,916 posts, read 21,890,647 times
Quote:
r
There is no representation for a buyer in the 'LEGAL" transactions of RE (cannot be by law)
First, that was a very accurate post from a non real estate agent in straight forward wording. Using big words and legal clips does not make your post more intelligent or accurate.

Second, in SC and other states agents can only work with clients, be it a buyer or seller. SC requires written agency in which the agent owes the client obedience, loyalty, disclosure, confidentially, accounting, and reasonable care & skill. Violation of any of those requirements in represenation allows the client to have recourse against their agent. Agents complete the contract, handle negotiations of terms, repairs, and get involved when problems of most any sort arise. Attorneys complete a title search and oversee signing of loan and closing documents. The agent is far more important to the transaction than the attorney in SC when it comes to guiding the client from contract to close. Even in states that are transaction states the agent still has legal obligations.

You certainly have a right not use an agent but there is no reason to disparage agents and mislead the public looking for accurate and helpful information. Like any profession there a few exceptional ones, some good ones, mostly average ones, and some bad ones. The better advice to someone that obviously needs assistance would be to advise them as to how an agent may help and if they elect to hire one how to make sure they find an exceptional one.

There is much more to guiding a client through a transaction than negotiations. A good agent will use a collaborative negotiation as opposed combative negotiation but regardless the agent has very little impact on what a seller will accept or how much a buyer will pay. It's about finding a place that makes both parties satisfied enough to move forward or having the courage to let the client walk away and find another home if they don't like the deal. I suppose a better way to say that is the agent should put their ego aside and act in the clients best interest.

OP, there are many threads here about how to find an agent. If you'll do a search you can find some great threads about the topic.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:28 AM

20 posts, read 27,979 times
You can also buy the house without Realtor but it needs some knowledge about it, you can directly talk to the owner and then complete the agreement and registration process and you will be able to buy the house without Realtor, it will be profitable for you.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:42 PM

10,916 posts, read 21,890,647 times
Quote:
Obviously it is very good you did not choose a profession that required 'english' composition skills I could not sleep at nights if I was making more money on the transaction than many of my clients. I help many retirees / single / widowed seniors sell there home and move ....
Obviously someone playing grammar police shouldn't use the wrong form of "there" in the very next sentence. It should have been "their".

Old 12-04-2014, 10:54 PM

18 posts, read 22,938 times
If you have enough knowledge of real estate market than you didn't need anyone. But Hiring realtor makes your job easy.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:32 PM

119 posts, read 284,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
If the seller has contracted with a Realtor to sell the house, they have already agreed to pay the Realtor a certain percentage (5-6%) upon sale. It is pointless ... (and not too smart) for a buyer to attempt to buy the house without their own representative (Realtor) .
Ah come one. Do you think we are all born yesterday?

For those who don't know. Here are the magic words.

I and my friends (who flip homes) have often gone to the selling agent who have told us it will be very difficult to purchase the home at offers below the asking price due to many offers etc.

We then say the magic words: "I'm not working with a realtor, can you get me someone from your office to represent me and keep all the commission in house".

Low and behold more times than not our below asking price offer gets accepted. I've done this quite a few times and its worked for others.

All this high horse stuff that realtors are there to help you, guide you through tough times baloney is silly.

We all know that realtors only get paid when they sell/buy a house and they'll do anything to make that happen and if the seller gets screwed or a buyer get screwed they should have known better.

I don't blame realtors for behaving that way, I think anyone whose doing the job to make money has to behave that ways. But its just plain silly to pretend otherwise.

Last edited by DontKnowIfImComingOrGoing; 02-08-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 12 days ago)

43,141 posts, read 76,719,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontKnowIfImComingOrGoing View Post
Ah come one. Do you think we are all born yesterday?

For those who don't know. Here are the magic words.

I and my friends (who flip homes) have often gone to the selling agent who have told us it will be very difficult to purchase the home at offers below the asking price due to many offers etc.

We then say the magic words: "I'm not working with a realtor, can you get me someone from your office to represent me and keep all the commission in house".

Low and behold more times than not our below asking price offer gets accepted. I've done this quite a few times and its worked for others.

All this high horse stuff that realtors are there to help you, guide you through tough times baloney is silly.

We all know that realtors only get paid when they sell/buy a house and they'll do anything to make that happen and if the seller gets screwed or a buyer get screwed they should have known better.

I don't blame realtors for behaving that way, I think anyone whose doing the job to make money has to behave that ways. But its just plain silly to pretend otherwise.

You reveal much about yourself and little about real estate agents.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
You reveal much about yourself and little about real estate agents.

Apropos, per usual.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontKnowIfImComingOrGoing View Post
I don't blame realtors for behaving that way, I think anyone whose doing the job to make money has to behave that ways.
One thing is clear: you would make a lousy real estate agent.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:37 PM

119 posts, read 284,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
One thing is clear: you would make a lousy real estate agent.
Well I'd be in good company since most of the realtors I've dealt with and my many friends who flip houses have dealt with behave exactly as I said above.

Sorry, if that hurts, but its the truth.

Did you ever notice the people who are commenting against me are all realtors. In the mean time I've gotten twice as many quick reputations!

Anyway, as I said, there's nothing wrong with being money driven, but it is wrong to pretend your doing some great service for humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate