Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 06:10 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Paragraphs would make this story much easier to read. Why is it all the brand new posters have the same writing style and refuse to use paragraphs?

...yes, and then, they just disappear.

So let me speak for all those who offered advice- OP, You're Welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 06:35 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Well, he is a morning poster...it has only been a day...as far as finding out that he 'refuses' to write with spacing, afterall. If I came back and
read that I would go, "Geeze, sorry, I have a life and couldn't get back here!
Friendly group!"

Anyone BB guns my dog is getting a visit from the authorities....something
has to be done to deter the dog, of course...loud noises, watered down vinegar is a
bit harsh even if gotten in it's eyes!
But ammonia? With their sensitive noses?
A small shock to the nose or a collar...
the chances of truly injuring a dog are off limits!

Old 12-11-2014, 06:53 AM

69 posts, read 73,401 times
The answer is simple. Any dog that aggressively comes onto your property to attack your animals is also a threat to YOU. Next time it happens, blow the damn thing away. Problem solved, and perfectly legal.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:21 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Disgusting and illegal.

And.........if you poison your neighbor's dog, don't be surprised if your dog meets the same fate.
If my dog was continually invading my neighbor's yard and threatening his pets, I would kill it myself!

Old 12-11-2014, 07:30 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTipover View Post
The answer is simple. Any dog that aggressively comes onto your property to attack your animals is also a threat to YOU. Next time it happens, blow the damn thing away. Problem solved, and perfectly legal.
That's true. It's just awfully tough to then maintain any kind of civil relationship with the neighbors. I don't know how important that is to the OP.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:24 AM

991 posts, read 1,520,064 times
I took my neighbors dog to the pound, they had to go and pick it up and pay a fee, it was a Sunday afternoon...so they spent the whole afternoon and evening searching for the dog before they got the call on Monday morning. I live in a rural area so they are very lucky it didn't end up on a farm where it was shot.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:35 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,935 times
I haven't had a bad dog experience in a long time.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:56 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,812,682 times
I would use my paintball gun on the GS each time he jumped the fence!

Old 12-11-2014, 05:41 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTipover View Post
Yes, that is it exactly. I did it once myself. I live in the boonies. A neighbor had 2 pit bulls that kept coming into my yard. Now, I don't automatically take the position of all pit bulls being bad, but these were pit bulls whose mother was still around and SHE did have tendencies. I had just started letting my 2 kids into the yard, and I didn't intend to be supervising them every single minute, I had visions--which were ultimately fulfilled--of an environment where they'd be able to go outside and play for stretches while I was still inside doing my own thing.

All they'd had to have done was be out there when those 2 dogs were out there, pet them as any curious child would, the mother dog see this, and she'd gone into "momma bear" mode and killed my children--in our own freaking yard.

I wasn't having any of it.

I politely, VERY POLITELY, told the neighbor of my concerns, and simply asked him to keep his dogs in his yard, nothing more. He wasn't hostile, as many tend to be, but he also didn't take me seriously, and the problem continued. I would periodically shoo them away, using firecrackers, something I've done before with strays and it worked in those previous occasions, they never returned. In this case, though, they kept on coming back. Meanwhile the neighbor continued to ignore my requests.

So, after awhile, I decided "if they return, I'm taking them out," and that's exactly what I did, and slept like a baby that night.

In fact, I did call the sheriff's office and told them what was going on, and their words were "if a dangerous dog is in your yard and you feel threatened by it, you have the right to shoot it." Okay then, I said, that's what I'll do if it comes to that.

Why this is such an issue for people, and why they can't get the concept of keeping their own dog in their own yard, is beyond me. When a dog is doing this, they are a pest no different than a mouse in the house, or a wild pig tearing up your yard, or roaches infesting the kitchen. What do you do? You kill them and move on with your life. Why it is that people think out-of-control dogs should be treated differently is beyond me. To me, a pest is a pest. If people would simply keep their dogs in their area and not mess around with it, it would not come to that.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Animal control will have to catch them and response time is a problem. Nothing stopping you from filing charge based on ordinaces with local court. Get with neighbor and take those photos. No one has more interest than people complaining really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate