Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:05 AM

983 posts, read 1,181,109 times

Advertisements

I called the police ( 911 ) just last night on my neighbor and his 2 non stop barking dogs.

Ongoing issue since I bought my house approx. 3 yrs ago.

he has been issued tickets / citations on about 6-7 different occurences totaling close to $2K - yet still ties his 2 dogs up outside next to my house and lets them bark.

The local police officer / animal control officed instructed me 3 yrs ago to call 911 anytime I hear the dogs barking. Non emergency call. I have called around 30 times and if the dogs are still barking when the police show up usually he gets a citation. Average is around $200-300 ea event. After a certain amount it becomes criminal and he can actually go to jail a few days over the issue.

Life goes on ... its par for the course with the bozo I live next to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 08:15 AM

991 posts, read 1,520,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
I called the police ( 911 ) just last night on my neighbor and his 2 non stop barking dogs.

Ongoing issue since I bought my house approx. 3 yrs ago.

he has been issued tickets / citations on about 6-7 different occurences totaling close to $2K - yet still ties his 2 dogs up outside next to my house and lets them bark.

The local police officer / animal control officed instructed me 3 yrs ago to call 911 anytime I hear the dogs barking. Non emergency call. I have called around 30 times and if the dogs are still barking when the police show up usually he gets a citation. Average is around $200-300 ea event. After a certain amount it becomes criminal and he can actually go to jail a few days over the issue.

Life goes on ... its par for the course with the bozo I live next to.
That's awesome (well not the dogs bothering you) but the fact that LE actually can do something.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:05 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
I have a neighbor down the street that has an electric fence. So his dog will run to the front and bark at every person, car, or whatever. He will be out there for hours barking. Luckily once I am in my house I don't hear him. But I feel so bad for the neighbors on either side of him. In fact one house just sold and the new owners are moving in...I wonder if it was disclosed to them?

Old 01-09-2015, 12:53 PM

983 posts, read 1,181,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray horse View Post
That's awesome (well not the dogs bothering you) but the fact that LE actually can do something.
Yes there is a specific dog barking ordinance in the City RCWs codes that address noise / barking dogs.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:44 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
For those who keep saying video the dog...I think the OP is too busy trying to corral her/his own dogs to safety.
But, maybe a security camera outside that will capture the dog jumping the fence.

I'm the type that would take them to court with that as evidence.....Perhaps a judge will have something to say.

I hope you can get this resolved before this dog hurts one of yours....or you get hurt trying to stop a dog fight. Dangerous situation imo.

Oh, and warn the neighbor on your other side that their dogs are gonna get hurt too. This gsd is totally out of control, thanks to irresponsible owners and this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:37 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,497,410 times
OP who does the fence belong to, I don't think I have seen that question/answer.

I would not do anything to that fence (such as electric wire) if you don't own it....

Old 01-17-2015, 06:03 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
if that was some of my neighbors they would tell the owner of the gs , "keep the dog in your yard or else it will be shot on sight ". I live where people don't play with dogs jumping fences and causing a problem . So far it has worked out real well . Our only problem is that some young kids moved into the neighborhood and they don't make their dog be quiet and their dogs are never on the leash so this has become a problem but wont be for very long because we saw one of the young peoples mothers and let her know that we did not appreciate the dogs be allowed to roam and being loud ' she said she would speak to them because she pays the rent and she does not want them back with her . Let your neighbor know that under no circumstances will you tolerate that gs dog jumping the fence anymore and if it hurts your dog they are responsible for the vet bills and any other damage their dog does . You will no longer tolerate them being an irresponsible dog owner end of story .Also let the husband know that his wife is the main one letting the dog out and not watching it and he had better do something . also let them know that if you catch their dog on your property again you will catch it and take it to the shelter and they will have to pay to get it out .

Old 01-19-2015, 07:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Updates??? What happened re: electric fence? Hoping things haven't gotten worse, but I would like to know if you were able to confront the husband about his wife's neglect of the dog situation??

Old 01-20-2015, 04:33 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Updates??? What happened re: electric fence? Hoping things haven't gotten worse, but I would like to know if you were able to confront the husband about his wife's neglect of the dog situation??

Yeah I want to know too ...Gosh I hope they do come back and let us know what happened .

Old 01-23-2015, 09:00 AM

11,127 posts, read 9,756,639 times
I would get a security camera and video that fence line during the week when the hubby is gone. Then I would take the video over when they are both at home and meet with them to discuss your future plans to catch their dog in your yard and take it to the pound EVERY time it comes in your yard in the future. I know it's a pain and very confrontational, but if you are calm and polite and just explain that it is THEIR responsibility to contain their dogs and you will no longer tolerate this. You do have to live next to these folks, so don't get all nasty and threatening, just calm and determined. Also make them aware that injuries to your dogs will result in their paying the vet bills, even if you have to take them to court.

Then FOLLOW THROUGH. The next time you catch that dog in your yard take it to the pound and give them the owners' name and address. You can show them the video of the dog repeatedly entering your yard. After having to bail him out a time or two, they will improve the fences or get rid of the dog.

I kinda love the idea of spraying the dog with a smelly substance, but that would probably just make them leave him outside even more.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate