Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:53 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,304,558 times

Advertisements

What is going on in PA lately?? Are the chemicals from fracking getting in to the water supply??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 01:28 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,156,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Sorry but the guy is being a douche to be a douche.
No, he's retaliating, and is well within his rights to do so, although he is overreacting, IMO. Ms. Heck should've just closed her blinds/draperies/shutters.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:13 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,165,537 times
Read the whole thing. Doesn't matter what started it, this guys actions are, or border on, psychotic.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:16 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,798,723 times
I think this guy is just making his point. I wouldn't trust this article 100%, I am sure they left some details out. And I think it has everything to do with what started it. Neighbors were unhappy when he this guy had nice decorations (and asked to turn it off).... who knows what else was going on between these neighbors, so this guy decided to make a statement.
Knowing American law I am surprised nobody sued this guy because this guy is causing neighbors properties go down in values...

Old 12-22-2014, 06:21 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,386,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I think this guy is just making his point. I wouldn't trust this article 100%, I am sure they left some details out. And I think it has everything to do with what started it. Neighbors were unhappy when he this guy had nice decorations (and asked to turn it off).... who knows what else was going on between these neighbors, so this guy decided to make a statement.
Knowing American law I am surprised nobody sued this guy because this guy is causing neighbors properties go down in values...
"Making his point" would be valid if he had just left the display up for a few weeks or even months. This has been going on for years. That goes beyond "making a point" and is simply antagonistic and harassing. It's similar to people who hang a Nazi flag or KKK display on their home just to antagonize or threaten the neighborhood.

Personally, I'm surprised no one has set fire to his stupid "display" by this point.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:09 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,379,436 times
This is not a normal reaction in any way, and goes beyond simple feuding neighbors.

This is like a Hollywood parody of feuding neighbors. This guy needs some psychiatric help.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:10 AM

32,616 posts, read 47,917,264 times
My own personal opinion is that the fellow is a wack-a-doodle.

However, the stuff in his yard is not random junk, It is deliberately placed and deliberately chosen. That qualifies it as art and he has the right to have art because of his constitutional right to freedom of speech. The city might find themselves on the receiving end of a very big lawsuit for violating his constitutional rights if they force him to take it down.

Which is not to say that I'd like to be living near him. Crazy neighbors are hard to live with.

There is another side to the story, though, and I don't think one polite request to turn of Christmas display for a few hours would trigger that strong of a reaction, no matter how wacko a neighbor is. This has to be a culmination of a whole lot of disagreeing. It sounds like the neighborhood disagreement is an on-going issue. So there are a minimum of two people keeping the feud alive.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:21 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,539,933 times
I liked the idea of hanging a lighted lawn deer by its back legs with a pool of red lights on the ground under it, but that was when I lived in Montana, and all the neighbors would have thought it was cool.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:30 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,759,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I liked the idea of hanging a lighted lawn deer by its back legs with a pool of red lights on the ground under it, but that was when I lived in Montana, and all the neighbors would have thought it was cool.
I saw a picture of something like that years ago.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:01 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,539,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I saw a picture of something like that years ago.
Yep, I lived in a small rural town in western Montana and although we didn't actually do a display like that, them rednecks would have loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate