U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 729 times

Advertisements

If you are licensed but would like to remain a transaction coordinator for multiple agents and offices is that considered a conflict of interest and where do you "hang your license" so to speak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 573 times
Do any agents fine their transaction coordinators if something isn't turned into the brokerage in time? I know our brokerage charges $250 a fine which is what they paid the transaction coordinators so essentially they are working for free. Are the terms spelled out in the referral contract you send your transaction coordinators?

Old 03-09-2017, 03:05 PM

10,696 posts, read 28,614,204 times
We don't fine our brokers, we just withhold their check until their file is complete.

If you hired a TC and they are not performing, find another.

We do not refer TC, we hire them as IC's.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 60 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
There are lots and lots of virtual assistants in real estate. I was one for seven years before I went solo with a top agent and ended up getting my license. I had a desk at a large real estate office, and worked with 25-30 agents at a time, with everything from database management to marketing, to listings and contract-to-close. I wasn't licensed, so I couldn't show homes or do open houses (this state doesn't allow showing assistants) -- which was fine by me! :-) I got into the job after a team I had worked for ended up having to cut back due to the husband's illness, and then suddenly, I had agents coming out of the woodwork asking me if I could "just do a listing" or "could I do a flyer for them", etc. I had worked for the couple for two years, and they had trained me on the systems of the company they worked for -- before that, my background was in database management, real estate marketing and mortgaging.

Instead of starting from scratch, look around (heck, ask some real estate agents!) for good companies that handle work virtually. There's several around here that do a good job -- they were usually started by successful virtual assistants who ended up with assistants of their own. Many have dozens of people working for them, almost all from home. It would give you training on what the different companies expect in terms of listings, closings, etc., give you a good idea of how to price yourself on the market, and most of all, give you an idea if you can cope with the crazy deadlines. :-) Our contract-to-close assistant currently has 92 contracts she is monitoring on her own. The woman is exhausted, but it's feast or famine. :-)

You can always draw up a flyer, list some prices and drop them off at real estate offices. Pinpoint a few offices you might like to work with, and ask them if you can attend one of their weekly office meetings to introduce yourself. But most agents aren't interested in training you -- the ones that need a virtual assistant are too darn busy to stop and train one. That's why a year with a virtual assistant company might be a good training ground.

You NEED to have some reliable systems and be religious about your billing, as well have a good billing system in place. Never forget that your time and talents are worthwhile -- just because it comes easy to you, doesn't mean that it has no value. Consider using a credit card swiper like Square or something similar. For first time clients, it's cash up front -- they don't earn an account for 30-60 days. And no, I NEVER was paid out of an agent's commission -- there's no guarantee that it will sell, after all. :-)

For a tongue-in-cheek look at a virtual assistant's life, watch this: [url]https://youtu.be/PtbSBWNqiH8[/url]

If you're good, you're going to end up getting job offers every week. :-)
Hello I saw this post and writting to you because my husband started doing real estate a few years ago. When we met 7 years ago the plan was...he would go get his license get good at it and than teach me. I've been a hair stylist for 20 years and needed something different. Well I am about to retire from hair this next December uuuhuuu! Our real estate business is triving but we hate all the paperwork and we have zero time to ourselves, we are exhausted. I to tell you the true have some big challenges with the paperwork and keeping up with all that goes on. So he is even more exausted than me. We are thinking about getting an assistant. I cannot teach anyone because I don't really know what I am.foing and he is to over extended. We need people with experience. Plus we are aiming for a more upscale type of client. We are considering a virtual assistant or transaction coordinator but I am not sure where to go. Can you I've a little guidance please. By the way we are in Florida. Thank you.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:10 AM

2,721 posts, read 6,316,673 times
I just sent you a PM

Old 11-15-2018, 10:32 AM

8,873 posts, read 17,523,219 times
Talk to busy agents and ask if they're hiring. Talk to BIC's and ask what agents are busy and might be hiring.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:30 PM

11,509 posts, read 25,844,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
There are lots and lots of virtual assistants in real estate. I was one for seven years before I went solo with a top agent and ended up getting my license. I had a desk at a large real estate office, and worked with 25-30 agents at a time, with everything from database management to marketing, to listings and contract-to-close. I wasn't licensed, so I couldn't show homes or do open houses (this state doesn't allow showing assistants) -- which was fine by me! :-) I got into the job after a team I had worked for ended up having to cut back due to the husband's illness, and then suddenly, I had agents coming out of the woodwork asking me if I could "just do a listing" or "could I do a flyer for them", etc. I had worked for the couple for two years, and they had trained me on the systems of the company they worked for -- before that, my background was in database management, real estate marketing and mortgaging.

Instead of starting from scratch, look around (heck, ask some real estate agents!) for good companies that handle work virtually. There's several around here that do a good job -- they were usually started by successful virtual assistants who ended up with assistants of their own. Many have dozens of people working for them, almost all from home. It would give you training on what the different companies expect in terms of listings, closings, etc., give you a good idea of how to price yourself on the market, and most of all, give you an idea if you can cope with the crazy deadlines. :-) Our contract-to-close assistant currently has 92 contracts she is monitoring on her own. The woman is exhausted, but it's feast or famine. :-)

You can always draw up a flyer, list some prices and drop them off at real estate offices. Pinpoint a few offices you might like to work with, and ask them if you can attend one of their weekly office meetings to introduce yourself. But most agents aren't interested in training you -- the ones that need a virtual assistant are too darn busy to stop and train one. That's why a year with a virtual assistant company might be a good training ground.

You NEED to have some reliable systems and be religious about your billing, as well have a good billing system in place. Never forget that your time and talents are worthwhile -- just because it comes easy to you, doesn't mean that it has no value. Consider using a credit card swiper like Square or something similar. For first time clients, it's cash up front -- they don't earn an account for 30-60 days. And no, I NEVER was paid out of an agent's commission -- there's no guarantee that it will sell, after all. :-)

For a tongue-in-cheek look at a virtual assistant's life, watch this: https://youtu.be/PtbSBWNqiH8

If you're good, you're going to end up getting job offers every week. :-)
That video was awesome

Old Today, 10:35 PM

4,516 posts, read 3,815,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpinupstar View Post
Hello I saw this post and writting to you because my husband started doing real estate a few years ago. When we met 7 years ago the plan was...he would go get his license get good at it and than teach me. I've been a hair stylist for 20 years and needed something different. Well I am about to retire from hair this next December uuuhuuu! Our real estate business is triving but we hate all the paperwork and we have zero time to ourselves, we are exhausted. I to tell you the true have some big challenges with the paperwork and keeping up with all that goes on. So he is even more exausted than me. We are thinking about getting an assistant. I cannot teach anyone because I don't really know what I am.foing and he is to over extended. We need people with experience. Plus we are aiming for a more upscale type of client. We are considering a virtual assistant or transaction coordinator but I am not sure where to go. Can you I've a little guidance please. By the way we are in Florida. Thank you.
If you are challenged with paperwork, you are a lawsuit waiting to happen. :-) Your best bet would be to identify the areas that are easy for a virtual assistant to take on remotely -- for example, listings, or contract-to-close -- and then commit to having those done by a VA. Most virtual assistants have a flexible pricing structure, depending on what you want them to do. Look for a) other agents who have a knack for paperwork, but are tired of the lead generation needed for a continuing source of income, b) ask other agents who they use -- if you are in an office, I'm betting there is probably at least one V.A. who works for two or three agents in your office; or 3) advertise for one in local/regional papers, or LinkedIn -- be very specific that successful applicants MUST have Florida (or location) real estate experience. Make sure they have a professional, warm and helpful approach to clients -- eventually they will be able to help you triage your days so that you can attack what you need to grow your business. (By the way, it doesn't have to be a woman, you know -- there are a lot of good male assistants, too.)

And, especially if you are "aiming for a more upscale type of client", you need to have your ***** together -- you don't last long in the luxury market by making sloppy paperwork mistakes. If you find the right person, don't be afraid to pay them reasonably -- you might get away with hiring someone as an independent contractor for a few weeks to begin with, but after the first month, it should be clear whether or not they are going to work out. At that point, they need to be brought on as a true employee (hire a payroll company to handle the taxes and pay her, if you can't/won't.) Remember, they are NOT an independent contractor if you are telling them when they have to be at work, and are directing all their work efforts. As a virtual, I was making $60-$75K a year, but really hated the billing and paperwork needed as a Subchapter-S corp (and the deadbeat agents!). As a director of operations, I was able to concentrate on the marketing for just one luxury agent, and was making close to $50K a year, with bonuses for each closing. Done properly, this is NOT a $10/hr job. A good one knows what s/he is worth, because they get job offers all the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate