Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 12:39 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

It sounds like a plot ripped straight out of a horror film, but for one family and their three young kids, the anonymous man who refered to himself as "The Watcher" and sent terrifying letters about the new house they moved into is decidedly real.

A Westfield, New Jersey, family has filed suit against the previous owners of the six-bedroom home they purchased for $1.3 million, arguing in a court filing earlier this month that they "knowingly and willfully failed to disclose" the home's history -- namely, that it was the focus of "The Watcher," an individual with a "mentally disturbed fixation and claim to possession and/or ownership of the home."

Family Flees New House Over Creepy Letters From 'The Watcher,' Sues Prior Owners
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 05:52 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Security alarm system, a firearm in a biometric safe readily available and a bat or two.... problem solved.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:52 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
That's scary, they should have called the police and given them an unopened letter to check for fingerprints or DNA,.

I know Westfield NJ, it's a really nice town, it's where Whitney Houston is buried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TygOjNK6jFw
at the 37 second mark you can see the downtown, I never watched the show but I saw the opening once and recognized it was Westfield NJ even thought I think it's set in Ohio.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:14 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,316,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Security alarm system, a firearm in a biometric safe readily available and a bat or two.... problem solved.
What if you're not around when something goes down, and it's just your wife and 3 kids? Who knows if the misses knows how to or even wants to attempt to wield a firearm. The tough guy stuff is a lot harder to pull off when you have a family. No matter how heavily armed I wouldn't feel comfortable living there with my kids(although there's probably a 99% chance nothing ever happens and this is just some harmless weirdo. or a hoax)

Old 06-26-2015, 02:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,502 times
Yes this is a very creepy story and I do not blame the family for taking the threats seriously. If I had three little kids as this family did I would not spend one second in that home after reading those letters. My personal theory is that whomever wrote those letters is someone who suffered some sort of abuse while inside that house and is now targeting those poor children of the family who bought that house. I hope the catch the perp.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:20 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCNova View Post
What if you're not around when something goes down, and it's just your wife and 3 kids? Who knows if the misses knows how to or even wants to attempt to wield a firearm. The tough guy stuff is a lot harder to pull off when you have a family. No matter how heavily armed I wouldn't feel comfortable living there with my kids(although there's probably a 99% chance nothing ever happens and this is just some harmless weirdo. or a hoax)
Nothing happened with the previous owners apparently.... just a creepy weirdo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate