Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 08:48 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,586,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
After five months of house hunting we still have not found anything that says "wow Im the house " because I need this house to say this is it because im not moving again . Im so over it . I m thinking I should take a break for awhile and stop looking . Have any of you ever felt this way ? I mean nothing Im seeing is of any interest to me .
Hang in there. My wife and I looked at over 90 properties before we finally bought our current home. We have been so happy that we stuck to our standards. No home is perfect. We put on a new roof and installed a heat pump and new electrical main the first year we owned it, but when you buy a property you buy the problems as well as the assets. It was reflected in the sale price, so I didn't have a problem with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 06:51 PM

192 posts, read 203,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
For some reason, this year there are very few houses listed on the market compared to just last year - at least where I'm looking. Sort of a mystery. And, as you noted, nothing interesting, lots of them overpriced. IMO this is not a year to go house hunting. I'll wait.
I feel the same way..... at least for the market here in Coastal OC

Old 07-22-2015, 07:24 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,138,905 times
I get it phone lady -- I've been looking online at homes in my dream area and have figured out something a little odd. Seems that what I want to have in a house comes very often in 4 bed/2 bath homes. 3/2 homes are very very basic. No pizzazz.

But it's just hubs and me... don't really need 4/2.... but I think we could find a use for three other bedrooms. Just can't figure out why a fourth bedroom gives me the extra elbow room in the other rooms, the screened in sunporch, cool yard, A/C and nifty kitchen.... while a 3/2 doesn't.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:35 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,660,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Just can't figure out why a fourth bedroom gives me the extra elbow room in the other rooms, the screened in sunporch, cool yard, A/C and nifty kitchen.... while a 3/2 doesn't.
Maybe because the 3/2s that have all those "extras" sell a whole lot faster than the 4/2s (because they are less expensive) & thus there aren't very many on the market at any one time? You might want to check the "recently sold" properties to see if that's the case in your area.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:11 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semispherical View Post
Maybe because the 3/2s that have all those "extras" sell a whole lot faster than the 4/2s (because they are less expensive) & thus there aren't very many on the market at any one time? You might want to check the "recently sold" properties to see if that's the case in your area.
That is what I love about City Data. I would have NEVER thought about that. Thank you!

Old 07-23-2015, 11:26 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,976,028 times
Semispherical you are right and indeed correct but we think we have found it , just have to get a hold of my realtor it was just listed yesterday and it is adorable and cute and this one maybe home for me ....wish me luck and im ready to put an offer in ... after a showing tonight of course . God bless take care .

Old 07-23-2015, 11:39 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,822,115 times
^^^

Good Luck! If it is meant to be it'll happen.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:02 PM

148 posts, read 136,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I get it phone lady -- I've been looking online at homes in my dream area and have figured out something a little odd. Seems that what I want to have in a house comes very often in 4 bed/2 bath homes. 3/2 homes are very very basic. No pizzazz.

But it's just hubs and me... don't really need 4/2.... but I think we could find a use for three other bedrooms. Just can't figure out why a fourth bedroom gives me the extra elbow room in the other rooms, the screened in sunporch, cool yard, A/C and nifty kitchen.... while a 3/2 doesn't.
It could just be the area. We lived in MA where 3/2s were the norm and finding a 4/2 was really difficult and a garage was almost unheard of. Now we're in OH and there are at least ten 4/2 for every one 3/2. Two car garages are standard and in some neighborhoods a 3 car garage is standard.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:17 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,660,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Semispherical you are right and indeed correct but we think we have found it , just have to get a hold of my realtor it was just listed yesterday and it is adorable and cute and this one maybe home for me ....wish me luck and im ready to put an offer in ... after a showing tonight of course . God bless take care .
Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how it goes!

Old 07-24-2015, 10:22 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,976,028 times
well we went for the showing and not really great because the house had an odor and it was obvious they were trying to cover it up and I noticed several cat litter boxes . I m highly allergic to cats . But I could tell they have a lot of cats and one bd said "Do not open door " . That is probably where the cats were . well onward and upward .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate