Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:32 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousah View Post
Virtually every high performing broker I know filters out the properties that aren't on the showing assist system. The only time they'll show a house without it when their client specifically asks for it..

If your comment is true, then you and your high performing mates, are doing their clients a disservice .
You are limiting the buyers options in order to increase your margins by reducing the amount of work and time it takes to complete a deal.

Thus you are putting your interests ahead of your clients, and you are in fact part of the reason so few people trust agents.

I say shame on your open display of greed, and shame for failing to provide your clients a full and honest service.

in fact filtering out any house due to compensation is a good enough reason to request we get some federal oversight to protect the buyers and sellers from this awful non fiduciary representation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 06:59 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
What does that last statement even mean?

Old 08-02-2015, 06:32 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,080 times
When we were selling our house I had three children one a baby and the last minute calls were sometime too difficult to manage, the baby would be sleeping or there would be other issues so I just said no. House sold in two months which was good for the real estate market at that time. My sanity was worth a few missed showings.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:18 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I already answered, but I'll add that when I was shopping for a house, I had one week to find a house out of state. As a buyer in a time crunch, I would have gratefully overlooked an unmade bed or toys on the floor in exchange for looking at a house on my list.
I should add however that despite the urgency, we still only looked Monday through Friday during business hours, and our very dedicated agent lined em up like dominoes.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:23 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,253,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet Evereet View Post
It means that the majority of the communication about the house should preferably be in writing, especially with respect to the condition of the house. Having a seller hang around during showings and talking about the house creates a situation where the buyers are now also relying upon verbal information that can create liability for the seller.
Other than something that would be dumb to say, I'm trying to think of an example.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:39 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,464,853 times
As a seller, I'd draw the line when it comes to after 8 pm showings on a school night. I do have boundaries, though not many. Thankfully it didn't come to that. The buyers of a house like ours were families as well, so they never asked to come after 5.

We received calls directly from the buyers' agents and they gave us hours in advance. The only time it wasn't like that was due to a buyer making a repeat trip. That required us to pack up in a moment's notice and leave, and the buyer caught us as we were backing out of the driveway. We have two children, one under 5. The secret to having everything show ready is that we treated the house like it wasn't ours. The kids were old enough to understand that. We had everything set up so that they could easily be taken up/stored. Once the house was on the market, we ceased any extravagant cooking - just heat and eat. We kept the bedspreads pulled down and then we pulled them right back up. We didn't create any extra messes. It was hell, but thankfully the home sold within the first weekend on the market.

FWIW we had a total of five showings. At the end of the day it didn't matter because all we needed was one (we ended up getting more than one) and that one purchased the home above asking even.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:38 AM

1,767 posts, read 1,741,523 times
I feel your pain as I am going thru the process currently. It is frustrating when not much notice is given- 15 minutes doesn't even give enough time to put your pants on.

What has frustrated me is when a previously (day before) scheduled appointment cancels 20 minutes before the showing after everything has been done to make house showable & I've figured out where to go. I want to tell them where to go.

The process sucks I know but cannot think of another way to get the house sold.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:19 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
I feel your pain as I am going thru the process currently. It is frustrating when not much notice is given- 15 minutes doesn't even give enough time to put your pants on.

What has frustrated me is when a previously (day before) scheduled appointment cancels 20 minutes before the showing after everything has been done to make house showable & I've figured out where to go. I want to tell them where to go.

The process sucks I know but cannot think of another way to get the house sold.
At least they cancelled. I remember knocking my self out to get ready for a showing, leaving home for 1 1/2 hours, to find they had never showed up.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:40 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,741,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
At least they cancelled. I remember knocking my self out to get ready for a showing, leaving home for 1 1/2 hours, to find they had never showed up.

True... I guess there's a positive way to look at it but what happened to you is just plain rude!

No consideration of course I've seen quite a few 5 minute showing where they show up walk in & walk out. Kinda makes you wonder did you not look at the pics on-line of the house?

Old 08-03-2015, 08:22 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
I've been the person who didn't "show" for a scheduled showing. In reality, I was there but there were several dealbreakers that were visible from the car, things I had explicitly told the agent were absolutely non-negotiable. When we got to the second property with a non-negotiable no, I refused to get out of the car. He did go knock on the door to tell the sellers, and I felt badly for them, but he was the one who screwed up. He never should have wasted anyone's time. But my guess is the sellers blamed me and not him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate