Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 09:31 AM

38 posts, read 56,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
I'm not defending the agent but, as a natural born contrarian, I think it is possible that the other previous buyers didn't send her the inspection reports when they canceled. I don't know NJ law but I imagine they are only required to give written notice of cancelation within the allowable time frame without stating a reason. The listing agent might have an obligation to disclose things she knows that are not readily observable but not to disclose things she thinks might be an issue. If one of the agents mentioned wood damage, and she had nothing but the other agent's hearsay, it sounds to me like she told you as much or even more than she was allowed to say.
bbronston,
I understand she might not have received the other inspection reports.
But, first she told my agent that there "might be termite damage" and that the seller was gonna have an engineer look at it that week, and we should wait for the results. Then we waited for the results for 2 weeks, and after my attorney asked her, she said there was no report done.
After my inspection, when my agent told her we found structural damage, she said " I told you there was damage", so she actually lied to us, because how would she know that?
And she had told us "possibly".
So, I feel that we could've saved the $600 for the inspection, had she just told us what she obviously knew.
Now, I'm just supposed to walk away, and find another house-pay for another inspection...
and she gets away with treating us like that?
Hmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 09:47 AM

41 posts, read 48,365 times
$600 is a lot of money, but think of the situation if you had gone
through with the sale. Wow - you would have been out $1000's.
There are good and bad real-estate agents. There are
good and bad people. Chalk it up to experience. Keeping on looking
for that perfect home!

Old 07-30-2015, 10:17 AM

15,575 posts, read 40,425,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'd walk from the house, but ask you to file complaint with the State Board of Realtors.

If we KNOW of such a material fact, then we are required to disclose it. And while I agree that some take a "See No Evil Hear no Evil" approach, at the end of the day we're not allowed to stick our heads in the sand.
Oh I agree. I would never do business that way. It's just that I have run into agents like that, and not surprisingly they all work at one brokerage so you know that is how they are being told to do things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieandme View Post
bbronston,
I understand she might not have received the other inspection reports.
But, first she told my agent that there "might be termite damage" and that the seller was gonna have an engineer look at it that week, and we should wait for the results. Then we waited for the results for 2 weeks, and after my attorney asked her, she said there was no report done.

Hmmmmm.
Well this adds another layer. Out here agents have a fiduciary duty to be honest and act in good faith to both parties. This would definitely violate that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate