Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:36 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,182 times

Advertisements

great pictures intown. there's a lightbulb out in the master bath though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 01:41 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,275,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
great pictures intown. there's a lightbulb out in the master bath though.
Yes, I know. But I'm not the stager, owner, or agent on this listing. I just take the pictures.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:45 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
Yes, I know. But I'm not the stager, owner, or agent on this listing. I just take the pictures.
Well they certainly are great pictures.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:59 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,779,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
But don't you ask someone to replace a bulb before taking the pictures? If you're there as a professional taking pictures, I would think it's your responsibility to point out to the stager, owner, or agent, or whoever is there that this needs to be taken care of before shooting the pic.

I haven't looked at the photos, I just saw this remark.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
But don't you ask someone to replace a bulb before taking the pictures? If you're there as a professional taking pictures, I would think it's your responsibility to point out to the stager, owner, or agent, or whoever is there that this needs to be taken care of before shooting the pic.

I haven't looked at the photos, I just saw this remark.
You might want to take a look at the pictures before you comment.

The answer to your question is, it depends. The house should be in the condition in which you want it to be photographed when I get there. It's not as though I arrive ambush-style, unannounced to take pictures. The condition in which the majority of people have their home is shocking (and shocking that their agents don't better prepare their clients for the process). I've had people leave unwashed dishes. Unmade beds. Laundry lying all over the house. Even dog poop on the floor. However, I'm not their cleaning lady and I'm not their mother. That said, I generally do go to significant pains to tweak the house before taking pictures and I will tell the agent if I think there is something that they can do to improve the photo. In the case of this bathroom, I don't believe the missing light bulb significantly detracts. I may not even have noticed it at the time because the light is certainly sufficient for a good photo.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM

473 posts, read 1,737,360 times
Those pics are super! I don't know if I can do that. I am so confused on this design thing.

Plus I realy can't add "stuff" to make the house fluffy .. I have the little ones that WILL mess with it. They know right from wrong but its hard to keep them from "living" in their own home.. hence the reason I am considering giving up.

I appreciate your comments and it only confirms my priorities are set right.. my family comes well before staging the perfect house. I needed that confirmation. And I am not saying that those who stage as well as those pics are don't love their families, I am just saying I don't think its fair to "my" family. We might be coming off the market soon. I just can't let this be my newest worry.

Txs so much

L

Old 02-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
And I am not saying that those who stage as well as those pics are don't love their families, I am just saying I don't think its fair to "my" family. We might be coming off the market soon. I just can't let this be my newest worry.

Actually, there are no kids in that particular house -- just a Jack Russell terrier. I have seen people with kids who've done a great job of staging, but they are very rare. Most homes with kids are a wreck 24/7 (and you should see what I have to go through to photograph those!), so I'd have to say you've done a really, really good job with your house. Neat, clean, and uncluttered will make you stand apart from most homes on the market. I just wanted to offer a few ideas that might make the house show better in the photos.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:38 PM

237 posts, read 967,642 times
Your house is beautiful. It definately is the market. Maybe some of the pictures are taken at odd shots. I would take the room straight on so you can see the whole room. Keep the faith you will sell. Mindy

Old 02-06-2008, 05:49 PM

473 posts, read 1,737,360 times
Thanks again everyone. I appreciate it very much. I think I am burned out. I have to give it some thought.

L

Old 02-06-2008, 06:20 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
in town, can you come take pics of my house...i have decluttered..and decluttered...we are fortunate our boys are grown and gone...but we have 3 dogs. They arent an issue except for some dog hair here and there and we keep control of it.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to stage this house better. I went through some model homes today and it seems that almost every room had a 'vignette' on the counters in bathrooms kitchens and bedrooms. Lots of silk plants. Wrought iron art...we are in southern utah, hence the southwestern style. The entry hall all seemed to have a console table with some art and floral on the table...

i am going out tomorrow to do some shopping...it might cost me a little but i need to get this place sold. we have an open house on the 16th and this is prime time to sell in this area...

i took better pictures than my agent. I am going to post some pics so maybe you all can tell me what to get rid of or add...thanks for you help and i am getting good ideas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate