Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 04:22 PM

339 posts, read 655,797 times

Advertisements

It wouldn't be a turn off for me. Sometimes people use to much toilet paper or *ahem* have too much waste that can clog the toilet. Plungers can be a necessary evil. My buddy's teenage daughter refuses to "double flush" when doing number 2. His daughter also uses an exorbitant amount of TP so clogs are a common occurrence. They have no plumbing issues, unless you consider a teenage daughter to be one

Not to be TMI but I've gone to the bathroom at someone's home and barely used 3 squares of TP and the toilet clogged. They had no known plumbing issues but the toilet itself just couldn't handle any waste and TP (I later found out you must double or triple flush with that toilet). I will say I had a moment of panic when I didn't see a plunger. I later found one in the vanity closet but it felt odd having to go into someone's closet. Would've preferred it close by.

I find it more repulsing with the plunger isn't sitting in one of those holders or on a plate or something. To think people use the plunger in dirty fecal ridden toilet water and then plop onto the floor without some type of barrier is gross
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 04:24 PM

339 posts, read 655,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
I just think it's silly to get upset about a tool being visible and they don't have to be disgusting. I have four bathrooms and put this in three of them. The only comments have been asking where I found them.

Amazon.com - Polder BTH-6300-95 Stainless-Steel Dual Bath Caddy with Toilet Brush and Plunger, Black - Open Toilet Brush

I have this as well.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:30 AM

21,494 posts, read 12,595,676 times
Here's an easy solution: whether you see a plunger or not, as you're touring a house for sale, flush the toilet. If it doesn't overflow, no worries. Sheesh!

Old 04-01-2016, 08:54 AM

13,499 posts, read 18,092,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Here's an easy solution: whether you see a plunger or not, as you're touring a house for sale, flush the toilet. If it doesn't overflow, no worries. Sheesh!
There is somewhat of a difference between flushing water down a toilet versus flushing a load of poop and paper down.

It's not plain ol' water that causes the most problems.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:55 AM

21,494 posts, read 12,595,676 times
Okay; poop and use a lot of toilet paper and THEN flush... 13 pages of responses???

Old 04-01-2016, 01:03 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,404,891 times
I toured a house once that had a huge turd in the toilet and the lid was wide open.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:19 PM

10,182 posts, read 6,232,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
I just think it's silly to get upset about a tool being visible and they don't have to be disgusting. I have four bathrooms and put this in three of them. The only comments have been asking where I found them.

Amazon.com - Polder BTH-6300-95 Stainless-Steel Dual Bath Caddy with Toilet Brush and Plunger, Black - Open Toilet Brush
Should you put away the bowl brush too? lol To me, especially as a woman, that brush would be a sign that the homeowners were clean people.

If you do not want to see any day to day, normal, cleaning equipment in the home, buy a VACANT house. If nobody is using the toilet at all, no need for toilet brushes.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:51 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,597,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Should you put away the bowl brush too? lol To me, especially as a woman, that brush would be a sign that the homeowners were clean people.

If you do not want to see any day to day, normal, cleaning equipment in the home, buy a VACANT house. If nobody is using the toilet at all, no need for toilet brushes.
I had to take a toilet brush (and bowl cleaner and air fresheners!) to our rental (that was unoccupied) just for showings - I had a lockbox that notified me every time the place was accessed by an agent & got in the habit of walking through right after - several times after showings doors & windows were left unlocked & a couple of times there were big bombs in the bowl. In fact, just a few days after the home was rented, the plumbing clogged at the street due to a big wad of butt-wipes that someone had flushed (apparently during one of the showings). This wasn't a toilet issue, I had installed new toilets in the home that will eat a bucket of golf-balls in a single flush. I never had an issue during the months i spent rehabbing the place & the tenants have been there 5 years now without another issue. I can certainly understand needing to use the restroom when touring homes, but I'd have never believed people would do so and *not* flush afterwards until I saw it with my own eyes.

Part of "staging" my vacant rentals now is a trip to the dollar store for hand-towels, toilet brushes, hand soaps & cleaning supplies just for touching up between showings. after just a week of showings a fully-rehabbed house will have bathrooms suitable for a truck stop unless you're cleaning them daily.

Last edited by Zippyman; 04-01-2016 at 06:01 PM..

Old 04-01-2016, 06:07 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,597,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I toured a house once that had a huge turd in the toilet and the lid was wide open.
I had that happen at my squeaky-clean rental house a couple of times, as I posted above. After spending $25,000 replacing both bathrooms & the kitchen & getting the place clean enough to assemble hard-drives, I had to resist the urge to fish that puppy out of the bowl & put it in a flat-rate box addressed to the agent who last showed the house!

Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 PM

14,314 posts, read 11,797,987 times
Now... THIS might give me pause ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Toilet plunger in bathroom during showings?-01.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate