Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 12:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbeckday View Post
Well you can be any age and if your folks don't like something that you like it is hard. I know you experienced something that you liked and your folks were against it
Yes. And I advised you how you should deal with it. We can't make your parents be supportive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 09:38 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Well you can be any age and if your folks don't like something that you like it is hard. I know you experienced something that you liked and your folks were against it
Sure, several times. Yes, it hurt my feelings. Yes, it made me angry and disappointed. Regardless, I did exactly what I thought was best for MY LIFE.

I'm still recommending that you take the advice in post #4 of this thread. I'm betting your coworkers, friends and readers here who have tried to help would agree.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:37 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,408,664 times
Quote:
I've spared myself from the anguish of reading through both of your threads.

1) Your threads have almost nothing to do with real estate.

2) You should double-check your birth certificate. I'm having a hard time believing that you're really 40 years old!

Old 04-16-2016, 06:14 AM

51 posts, read 35,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
I've spared myself from the anguish of reading through both of your threads.

1) Your threads have almost nothing to do with real estate.

2) You should double-check your birth certificate. I'm having a hard time believing that you're really 40 years old!
I had a huge argument with my folks last night because now they go telling strangers in the store of my buying a house 40 miles away and this is too much. And these strangers are siding with my folks as to why I am doing this. I am going to call my attorney and cancel the contract . And start looking for an apartment and the end. I don't need this pressure anymore. And I am going to really limit my visits to my folks now because they went way too far with this

Old 04-16-2016, 06:29 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
I had a huge argument with my folks last night because now they go telling strangers in the store of my buying a house 40 miles away and this is too much. And these strangers are siding with my folks as to why I am doing this. I am going to call my attorney and cancel the contract . And start looking for an apartment and the end. I don't need this pressure anymore. And I am going to really limit my visits to my folks now because they went way too far with this
Dude.

Why do you care what these strangers think? Why are you even still talking to your parents about the process?

So you're going to cancel the contract on the house that you want to buy, rent an apartment closer to your parents yet not visit them often. This makes no sense. None.

You have issues that have nothing to do with real estate. But go ahead and cancel the contract. Rent an apartment and stew in anger and resentment while your parents are pleased that they bent you to their will -- likely not for the first time nor the last. You allow your parents to have too much influence on your decision making and that's your choice.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Dude.

Why do you care what these strangers think? Why are you even still talking to your parents about the process?

So you're going to cancel the contract on the house that you want to buy, rent an apartment closer to your parents yet not visit them often. This makes no sense. None.

You have issues that have nothing to do with real estate. But go ahead and cancel the contract. Rent an apartment and stew in anger and resentment while your parents are pleased that they bent you to their will -- likely not for the first time nor the last. You allow your parents to have too much influence on your decision making and that's your choice.
I didn't bring the conversation up about the house. They did. I kept quiet. But starting to broAdcast to other people these things is going a little too far . I can look for an apartment anywhere and cutting off to visit them. They will learn about pushing a person way too far

Old 04-16-2016, 06:48 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
I didn't bring the conversation up about the house. They did. I kept quiet. But starting to broAdcast to other people these things is going a little too far . I can look for an apartment anywhere and cutting off to visit them. They will learn about pushing a person way too far
You should have walked away from the conversation.

Yeah, cancel the contract on the house you love. That will sure show them not to push you too far.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face. But again, this is 100% your choice.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:54 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
If you're not going to visit them much you might as well get the house anyway, right? Why deny yourself the right to have a decent dating life and perhaps a marriage and kids in the future? You are being downright irrational in your thought process by cancelling the contract and letting your parents "win" as well. Wow, do you always want to be tied to their apron strings? Go out and buy the house of your dreams!

Old 04-16-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
You should have walked away from the conversation.

Yeah, cancel the contract on the house you love. That will sure show them not to push you too far.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face. But again, this is 100% your choice.
Well that is easy for you to say. You try getting jAbbed at that all the time. This will make them think about ruining someone's dreams that was becoming a reality now a nightmare. They will learn now the hard way when they ever need me and I am no longer around. That they should have thought about what they did

Old 04-16-2016, 06:56 AM

8,574 posts, read 12,408,664 times
Quote:
Childish as ever.

I don't mean to pile on, but you really need to take a step back and think about your life. You'll regret it if you don't get along with your parents (they're not going to be here forever), but you also have to be able to live with yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate