Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 11:16 AM

372 posts, read 573,457 times

Advertisements

Within the past few months, my husband listed his late father's house for sale. One of the realtors interviewed for the listing, but not selected, was a Redfin agent.

Once listed on the MLS, the house appeared when I checked in to all my favorite sites, including Redfin. It was there. Let the showings begin!

However, shortly after the house hit the market--say, within a week or so--Redfin showed the house as delisted. Surprised, I contacted the agent with whom we'd spoken, to ask about this. She said that it was some sore of technical glitch. Within a day or two, the house appeared again on Redfin.

The house is now under contract and once again has dropped off Redfin. It shows as off market. This situation hasn't occurred on any of the other real estate sites.

I really don't want to bother the agent again so thought I'd ask whether anyone else has had this happen and can explain why this may have occurred. A second technical glitch on this house seems pretty unlikely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 11:51 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,524,879 times
I think with Redfin the delisted showed up whenever my house was not available for appointments. For example when I first listed my house, but, showings were to be available as of the following Monday (3 days later); when I decided to not have showings during a 3 week period due to snow storms and I was unable to dig out a path to the door and as soon as I went under contract.

I think it must be tied into if the house is available to book an online appointment - but, that is just a guess. I think that system is much better than houses showing up for weeks on the MLS after they are already under contract. With my realtor I had a choice to keep the listing active while under contract or to have it show as a pending sale.

Old 04-14-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
I think with Redfin the delisted showed up whenever my house was not available for appointments. For example when I first listed my house, but, showings were to be available as of the following Monday (3 days later); when I decided to not have showings during a 3 week period due to snow storms and I was unable to dig out a path to the door and as soon as I went under contract.

I think it must be tied into if the house is available to book an online appointment - but, that is just a guess. I think that system is much better than houses showing up for weeks on the MLS after they are already under contract. With my realtor I had a choice to keep the listing active while under contract or to have it show as a pending sale.
Thanks for the reply.

My husband's agent didn't set that up. We also checked with him. Once under contract, it was shown everywhere, including Redfin, as accepting backup offers. There's no reason not to still show it.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:51 AM

Update: Later on the day of my initial post, the house reappeared on Redfin. What a strange coincidence!

Old 04-19-2016, 03:09 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,595,053 times
i don't think redfin were up to tricks, they are very little to gain from messing with your listing and much more to lose should such a thing be proved.....

From time to time the site glitches, last week maps were showing up in the ocean or random states...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate