Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:39 AM

245 posts, read 289,964 times

Advertisements

depending on the popularity of the area, consider that the farm land might be sold and subdivided. you'll end up with construction and eventually a lot more neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 01:11 PM

483 posts, read 414,170 times
I live 6-7 house from a farm that have herds and cows. Not far away from horse farms too.

Loooove my area.
Because it's land over population, I get great water. Our underground aquifers are amply filled with fresh water that recharges well every time it rains. I get 10 plus gallons a min.

As for the run off factor..
My sewage is 100ft plus minus from my well, separated by my house. And a paved driveway..
Water tested clean n no bacteria.
High in calcium deposits but that's it.

And I am on high grounds.

Yes, the manure smells do drift over from certain wind direction but I will say it's no more than couple times a year.

As for the tractor noises..
My uncle in law owns a dairy farm whole half a big hill ard 1000 acres. Also grow his own hay.
Most farmers cut out evening hours.
I know my uncle while he works at 3, am will be done at 3 pm as well.

So dinner time is always off farm times.

Since I am a stay home wife, I can tell you besides that occasional tractors, horse trailers that uses my road.. often early morning or afternoon before rush hour traffic...

I do not hear no tractor sounds of operations at all.
Unlike 9-5 biz.. tractors dun run all times.

Cause they do not till daily, plow daily, seed daily, harvest daily.. there needs time to cure the earth, prep it, wait for stuff to grow and winter.

I loooove my rural house.

P.S. Unlike China with 80% contaminated surface waters..
Our countrysides can still provide wholesome organic produce that is from our wells or rain.
Unlike lots of people wanting to migrate here...
I am content to simply stay put and want for nothing more...
Attached Thumbnails
Things to consider when buying a house next to a large farm?-fb_img_1461723918515.jpg   Things to consider when buying a house next to a large farm?-received_1142214799146073.jpeg   Things to consider when buying a house next to a large farm?-received_1129928337041386.jpeg   Things to consider when buying a house next to a large farm?-received_995502907171234.jpeg  

Old 08-01-2016, 01:14 PM

483 posts, read 414,170 times
Yes.. water is everything!!!
Clean fresh water!!!
❤❤❤
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate