Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 12:43 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times

Advertisements

I'd pass on it. I don't need the hassle from kids stealing my mailbox or house number placard or goth kids doing selfies in my yard or playing Pokémon Go specifically around my house. Plus who knows the grief my kids would have to take from random weirdos or other kids when they have to tell people their address or phone number. So I'd want no parts of 666 or 1313. If the number 13 was part of it like 1813 Elm Street or 1341 Maple Lane, I'd have no problem with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 12:50 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,302,854 times
Mockingbird lane?

Old 08-19-2016, 12:51 PM

356 posts, read 281,590 times
I live in a condo that is unit #13. I call it lucky 13.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:16 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,580,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I love the number 13 so no.

Numerologically speaking, it comes out to an 8, which is good financially but not so great for relationships, so that's something to consider. I currently live in an Eight house, and it's fine for us but wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.
Well, the relationship luck ship has sailed already, so I'd be fine with good luck financially.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I'd pass on it. I don't need the hassle from kids stealing my mailbox or house number placard or goth kids doing selfies in my yard or playing Pokémon Go specifically around my house. Plus who knows the grief my kids would have to take from random weirdos or other kids when they have to tell people their address or phone number. So I'd want no parts of 666 or 1313. If the number 13 was part of it like 1813 Elm Street or 1341 Maple Lane, I'd have no problem with that.
ELM Street?

Old 08-19-2016, 01:23 PM

Not only the numbers. I really like the house. Really really really really.

Then it struck me that address seemed strangely familiar.... (let's say it's 1313 River Lake)

I realized it's 1313
I once lived on a street named River Valley
I once lived in a subdivision called River Lake

So the whole thing sort of made me feel weird. Since I picked the house out as one of the few I've seen in the last several months that could be "the one."

To add to the strangeness, it is the only street in town, as far as I know, that has an alley behind it. The house I loved that I recently sold had an alley behind it, and I was wishing I could find a house with that. I wasn't looking for an alley, because as far as I knew that city didn't have them.

The whole thing then sort of creeped me out. Then I thought that maybe it's fate. Very odd, though.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:25 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,302,854 times
DOes the house look like this?

Old 08-19-2016, 01:40 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
In Japan, and possibly other Asian countries, the number 4 is the main one to avoid, due the sound "shi" which also means "death", in Japanese, at least.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:52 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Would you have a concern with an address of "1313"? I'm not superstitious, really...but part of me thinks that, well, would that be tempting fate, just in case?

I'm surprised a city or builder would use that address, to begin with. Sort of like "666."
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: (Grab some coffee, and some Kleenex)

I had a long time friend named Brad. He and I were like brothers. I'm an only child, but I loved him as if he were my brother. His sister treated me like I was her brother. His parents were like my parents. Their house was my 2nd home.

Brad and I were friends since high school. His parents house number ended in '13'.. The street number was 13th Ct. Brad had an apartment off of 13th Ave. One of his cars was 13 years old. Brad had just celebrated his 13th year of sobriety. He was an alcohol and drug abuser. He went to NA and AA meetings regularly. He sponsored a young man (Brad was in his 30's - the kid his early 20's) who had just completed his one year of sobriety. Brad and the 'kid' he sponsored, we'll call him Alex, went to the Keys for a weekend of diving. Brad was an avid scuba diver, as was Alex. They chartered a boat with a captain and went diving over the weekend.

There were a total of 8 divers on their boat. Brad had 'stomach' issues and was the first out of the water. He got back into the boat, and did some housekeeping, putting stuff away and making the boat tidy. His stomach bothered him some more and he jumped into the water to take care of mother nature's calling. (Ya gotta do what ya' gotta do...)

Brad had a brain embolism and it ruptured. He sank to the bottom of the sea, and the location where they had been diving was so deep, they had to get Heli-Ox mix to get him because of the depth. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

I got the call later that day. I can still hear his dad's crying voice where her left me the message on my answering machine at home. I was no longer living in the same state as Brad, but made the trip down that night.

Brad's mom worked for a very popular Toyota Dealer in South Florida. He lent her his yacht as Brad was cremated and his ashes were to be scattered at sea. I was aboard the boat that took him out to sea.

At that time, to scatter cremated ashes scattered at sea, you had to have all kinds of legal forms filled out. The captain had to have some sort of permit or license to do so, and with that, came the responsibility of filling out all kinds of info such as:

Date: 09/13/1994
Time: 13:13
Water temp: (I don't remember)
Water depth: 213
Lat: (No idea)
Long (No idea)

You see why I hate the number 13?

Rest in peace Brad.. I love ya' like a brother... And miss you. But, One day, not too soon I hope, I'll see you again... so save me a good seat with a view...

Old 08-19-2016, 03:02 PM

965 posts, read 938,689 times
No problem at all.
13 is my lucky number, so it would make me more likely to buy it. Though I would prefer just 13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate