U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:20 PM

1,040 posts, read 837,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
What does this say about a God and his minions who will intervene in the sale of a house, because someone buys and buries a statue?
It seems to indicate God cannot solve major problems like violence, death and suffering because he is too busy making matches on christian mingle dot com and brokering real estate deals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 10:55 PM

11,387 posts, read 11,766,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Why St. Joseph? Was he a listing agent?
He made a bundle in funeral plots.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:46 AM

5,703 posts, read 15,704,030 times
A relative did this and the house never sold. Ended up losing it to foreclosure. Meh...I say it is worth a shot. Maybe Joseph was buried the wrong way.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:54 AM

35,450 posts, read 43,627,916 times
I did plant him in the front yard once, but the whole time I was doing it, it felt a bit disrespectful.
Also, what if every time a house sells, the owners have buried a StJoseph in the yard? Like, if there are 3 St Joseph's will the house sell 3x as fast?

Old 11-04-2016, 09:35 PM

304 posts, read 515,107 times
I think after it sells you are supposed to dig him up and give him a good spot in your house or garden. The theory is that he will make your house sell so that you move him to a more comfy spot. That's why you bury him upside down so he is uncomfortable.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:00 PM

6,353 posts, read 2,675,260 times
Are you talking about asrae poles, better be careful, the lord our God hates them.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:14 PM

10,791 posts, read 3,509,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Over the weekend I ran into my moms friend at the grocery store. She mentioned getting a St. Joseph statue and burying it in the front yard of the house I am trying to sell.

Well Sunday we got a crappy offer. I countered but the buyer was not jumping up to my asking price, which was close to my rock bottom. The agent did not allow negotiation room when she listed the house, but that is another vent...

So Monday, I jumped on Amazon to order a statue. Within seconds of placing the order, the buyer sent a contract that was only $2k below asking price.

Was it just the mere fact of ordering the statue? Don't know. But if it was, the $6, was money well spent. I will be keeping him to oversell the sale of this house, and for any future selling I might do.

Anyone else heard of this and had success selling fast with St. Joseph buried in the yard?

YAY! Happy you got a contract!!

We were selling a house 13 years ago and it was on the market for 5 months with no offers. My neighbor gave me a St. Joseph statue and told me to bury it in the front yard to bring luck for selling. Before I could even do that we got an offer and it was almost asking price. I'm not sure if the statue had anything to do with it, but hey whatever works!!

Old 11-06-2016, 12:35 AM

219 posts, read 333,429 times
I don't mean to change the subject, but growing up, if we lost something, we were told to ask St. Anthony and he would help us find it. We're not even Catholic, but my dad worked for two devote brothers who told him to do this. I always told my kids to do that if something disappeared, and now the grandkids do it too. It always seemed to work.

So, I see no problem with burying St. Joseph. I just wish I knew about it years ago when we were trying to sell my mom's house, and had to take only 1/3 of what it was worse because the care center she was in insisted on it. We may have made more.

Old 11-06-2016, 12:49 AM

1,078 posts, read 575,628 times
When we were trying to sell our house the first time, I walked all around the outside of our house, praying to God to help us, asking Him to bless our house and help us find a new owner. I don't happen to believe in praying to Saints, or burying their statues or anything like that, so I did this instead.

It never sold and we gave up 3 years later and rented it. Now, I certainly believe in answered prayer, but it is always in God's timing, so we are at the same point once again. I believe we had several lessons to learn regarding the sale of this house, and dealing with the renters we allowed to live there.

I will be doing the same pretty soon and hoping and praying for a better result this time.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:29 PM

2,077 posts, read 956,071 times
LOL, the new year has started off with 3 different relatives insisting we get one of these statues. We have a house that's listing in a few weeks, and they are convinced this statue is essential! I think they must have called each other and decided it was imperative to make sure we do this. Gotta love well meaning relatives! This is a house that I inherited, so my family can't seem to avoid wanting to butt in.

The whole "burying a statue in your yard brings good luck" idea seems silly to me. It really doesn't make any sense, especially the bit that it's important to bury him upside down. How do these things get started?

But you know what, I'm gonna do it. The things are only $6. Seems like a small price to pay to avoid upsetting all these dear old relatives who sincerely believe they are doing me a huge favor by demanding I do this. Can't hurt right? And if it works, I'll let you know.

On a side note, if you're wondering how old threads sometimes get bumped, after the third call about this statue I decided I had to do a search on city-data to see if anyone here had heard of this thing. This thread came up. So I decided to bump it, because who knows--someone else out there might have relatives like mine who can't stop talking about the Miracle of the St. Joseph Statue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate