Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:47 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,799,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray horse View Post
I do have security cameras on my house. I will be expanding those.

The woman doesn't live on the property, she lives about 30 minutes away...and she tries to bed any man w/ a pulse. She could have picked up the guy the night before at a bar...she may not even know his full name,

Never have I met a 65 year old woman that is such a $lut. LOL...again as stated before the woman is mentally ill.
Seeing as your situation is trending toward getting worse before it gets better, I would avoid making character references such as her being a **** or mentally ill. You are more than likely headed toward legal action to resolve this case and any mention of her other than facts on this forum is not in your best interest. Connecting your screen name and IP address to a real person is as easy as baking a pie! please consider this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 03:57 PM

991 posts, read 1,519,822 times
Will stick to the problem at hand...she and her newest boyfriend illegally tried to removed survey markers. In this state, that is illegal and cause for a RE agent to lose their license.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:40 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
Did your camera(s) record the activity? If not you need to upgrade to cameras with excellent resolution and night vision aimed at where the activity will likely occur.

I am pondering the end of this issue. Investigate the title to the land in question. Did she buy it via a mortgage, seller contract or pay cash. Once you get a judgement you can put a lean of the property. I am wondering if she is current on her property taxes. Think about the dollar amount of your damages as well as clearly state she has no easement across your land.

If there is a seller contract that contract may state that the buyer cannot cause a lean on the property.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Did your camera(s) record the activity? If not you need to upgrade to cameras with excellent resolution and night vision aimed at where the activity will likely occur.

I am pondering the end of this issue. Investigate the title to the land in question. Did she buy it via a mortgage, seller contract or pay cash. Once you get a judgement you can put a lean of the property. I am wondering if she is current on her property taxes. Think about the dollar amount of your damages as well as clearly state she has no easement across your land.

If there is a seller contract that contract may state that the buyer cannot cause a lean on the property.

The activity was too far away for the camera which is motion detected activated to pick up. She paid cash. She IS behind on her property taxes (interesting).

I don't want to get into attorney fees unless I need to. I just need to get a fence up and she needs to get over it.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:08 AM

8,573 posts, read 12,405,577 times
Quote:
I just need to get a fence up and she needs to get over it.
Literally?

Old 02-05-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Literally?
I hope not!

Old 02-05-2017, 11:01 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
Quote:
The activity was too far away for the camera which is motion detected activated to pick up. She paid cash. She IS behind on her property taxes (interesting).

I don't want to get into attorney fees unless I need to. I just need to get a fence up and she needs to get over it.
This person likely is unable to earn enough to pay her expenses which is why she is scrambling to make it an income property. Find out about tax foreclosures in your county.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:52 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Wait!?! What?!? -- I'm under the impression the OP is intending to put up an actual fence along the property line. Was that just a metaphor or is OP going to put up the fence?

I'm not entirely sure of the physical layout of the two properties and existing structures, but if the property line would be a good place for a fence and I were in this situation I would put up a fence.

Good fences make good neighbors.

(I'd put up a block wall but that's like maybe 10x the cost of a fence, and I have a premonition that if a fence gets put up its estimated lifetime is about a day after the rabid neighbor sees it.)

Old 02-06-2017, 05:12 AM

902 posts, read 862,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She is not required to act like a professional when she's not on the job. That is ludicrous, sorry. Again, if you get in an argument over a parking spot with a surgeon, are you going to call the AMA and file a report saying he didn't act professionally? They'd say "when did he operate on you?" and you'd say "he didn't, he took my parking spot at Target" Can you see how ridiculous that is?

Both surgeons and real estate agents, just like the rest of us, are allowed to be whoever they are when they're on their own time, even if who they are is in your opinion an a**hole.

Girl,

The vast majority of society disagrees with you.

Miami doctor who berated Uber driver in viral video is fired - NY Daily News

The OP has already stated that the agent's boss was concerned about this unprofessional behavior as well.

Criminal acts on your day off can affect your employment status wherever you work. Employers want employees that are mature and responsible. Ranting and raving at a surveyor and possibly damaging their equipment ultimately requiring police intervention is not a good look for anybody.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:02 PM

50,763 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Wait!?! What?!? -- I'm under the impression the OP is intending to put up an actual fence along the property line. Was that just a metaphor or is OP going to put up the fence?

I'm not entirely sure of the physical layout of the two properties and existing structures, but if the property line would be a good place for a fence and I were in this situation I would put up a fence.

Good fences make good neighbors.

(I'd put up a block wall but that's like maybe 10x the cost of a fence, and I have a premonition that if a fence gets put up its estimated lifetime is about a day after the rabid neighbor sees it.)
Apparently the line is in the woman's driveway, so that's where the fence will be. Sounds like the next few months are going to be lots of fun for OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate