Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:16 AM

436 posts, read 1,357,297 times

Advertisements

This is the 2nd time I had a 2nd showing! The first brought a low-ball offer contigent on the sale of their home. Couldn't come to an agreement so the sale did not go through. Now after a long time in-between, we just had a 2nd showing on Sunday. I have not heard a word since. (I know this is only Tuesday!) I am, however, getting nervous. How promising are those 2nd showings? Love to hear your opinions, experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 11:25 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,277,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margel View Post
This is the 2nd time I had a 2nd showing! The first brought a low-ball offer contigent on the sale of their home. Couldn't come to an agreement so the sale did not go through. Now after a long time in-between, we just had a 2nd showing on Sunday. I have not heard a word since. (I know this is only Tuesday!) I am, however, getting nervous. How promising are those 2nd showings? Love to hear your opinions, experiences.
I now in my home shopping experieince we only asked to see a home a 2nd time if we were seriously considering making an offer. I don't like to waste people's time with additional showings if I'm not serious. We looked at about 14 homes total. Three of those homes we asked for a second showing. Two of those second showings were the same day as the first showing. We actually made an offer on one of those but the sellers took their home off the market due to a job relocation falling through. The third house we did a second showing was the house we eventually bought.

I imagine this is different for everyone, but in my case a second showing meant your house was a strong contendor. I hope this holds true for you. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM

237 posts, read 967,434 times
Well I;ll tell you my experience. I had a second showing last Monday and did not hear anything yet. I was told they wanted to look at 2 more houses this Monday and they would call me Monday night to let me know if they wanted it or if they went with another house. Here it is Tuesday at 2:52 and still no call. It drives me crazy. I guess some people go to second showings and make an offer the same day and some others might wait until more houses come on the market. Now a days there is so many houses to choice from. I hope the second showing comes through for you. Mindy

Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM

239 posts, read 1,092,270 times
We have had our house on the market since Jan and have had 2 second showings. No offers! The first couple, the response from the agent, "buyers have decided to go in a different direction" whatever that means. The 2nd showing, stated"house was nice, but off their list, because buyers wanted to be near city bus route and are considering 2 other neighborhoods"

The feedback from the first was not helpful, even though our agent tried to speak to the agent multiple times. The second feedback didn't make much sense either, first didn't the buyers know this before they requested a second showing and second the bus route they want is for the city next to us and it doesn't go to the nieghborhoods that they are considering.

So, good luck, 2nd showings might give you more hope than the initial showing, at least they are interested, but until that offer comes through, it doesn't mean much!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:27 PM

333 posts, read 1,063,500 times
We've had three or four second showings so far this year........
...still on the market.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:38 PM

276 posts, read 1,458,279 times
We've had at least 20 2nd showings and 4 3rd showings! Last weekend alone we had 4 second showings.

Two weeks ago we dropped the price of our home significantly below ANYTHING comparable in the area, because we've just had it. Our realtor swore it would be gone within a week. No offers. So in my experience, it doesn't mean a thing.

As a prospective buyer, I will say that my husband saw a few homes and then brought me and the kids along the second time to see what I thought. (We live 2 hours away, so it's not as easy for me to see homes as my husband, since he is already working there). So the "bringing the wife and kids by" shouldn't really count as a second showing. We have had a few showings where the potential buyers brought their PARENTS by - I thought that was fairly significant. NADA. Good times.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:37 PM

Oh I feel for all of you. Im still waiting for the second showing to give me an answer for over a week now. I dont know how some of you lived through 3-4 2nd showings only to get no offer. How frustrating!!! How come some people get there house sold in 2 weeks and others have to wait forevery. I have been on almost a year now Mindy

Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 PM

276 posts, read 1,458,279 times
I forgot to add, the last two families that requested second showings during the week insisted they were ready to make an offer an wanted to see the house one last time - AT 8:30 pm! It had to be that time, they were ready to make an offer.

It's so much fun to get my two toddlers out of the house past their bedtimes and then drive around for an hour so you can leisurely stroll through my home (one couple spend an hour and 15 minutes). And then to have the audacity to not even return our realtors calls for feedback. You all suck.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:17 PM

193 posts, read 271,083 times
Honestly as a buyer looking at houses. I'm planning on going back a 3rd time. Why? Because I'm buying a house and spending a lot of money and it won't be a snap decisions.

I will also take my time and look at every nook and cranny and I will also be sure to see every other house out there before I put an offer in. Why? Because I can and the ball is in my court now.

Those of you that feel annoyed or inconvenienced must really not want to sell your homes all that bad.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:22 PM

Ok KFC first of all we are not aggerated with you we are just aggerated because after a while it gets so frustrating and its alot of work to keep a house clean with kids and to have to drive around with a kid in the car and two dogs for hours in the freezing cold is just not fun. We are not mad at the buyers just the whole house selling thing in general. Mindy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate