Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 06:04 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,568,656 times

Advertisements

In addition to a short note and all the manuals, I left a bottle of wine. My realtor said it was very well received.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 07:53 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
I don't think you can ever go wrong with leaving on a classy note.

Which day is trash day, which mailbox is theirs, where the main sewer cleanout is - lots of things they didn't think to ask & you can rattle them right off.
Wish someone had told me where mine was. A tree had grown over it and it wasn't found for 27 years.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:32 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,949 times
I guess a "Ha ha, it's your now" note would not be well received.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 PM

275 posts, read 743,366 times
That's exactly what I was talking about in another thread two weeks ago(see This Home Official Passport idea.)
Start it now, mention/note things as they arise, instead of trying to put everything together at the time of sale.

As I said it may help you get better prices, higher quality and faster services if you would mention it to the maintenance guy or your mechanic.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 PM

772 posts, read 914,057 times
I am NOT leaving a note. my buyers are so crazy and picky .. I am not telling them anything ...

Leaving a note mentioning anything will be turned into me having prior knowledge of a problem, and being liable ...

Old 05-16-2017, 10:31 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Soooooo, let me preface this by saying I am a big time type A personality.

I created a very large binder with a table of contents and all of the manuals, information about utilities, every room/trim/ceiling paint color with brand and code, and even a map of our yard identifying where the irrigation/water/sewer lines were located as well as the species/name of each plant. It wasn't too hard to put together as this is information I maintained in the course of owning my home.

That being said, my realtor said she's never seen anyone do something to this level. And yes, I know I'm an oddity but I have to assume it was appreciated.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:54 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,955,448 times
WOW! Some of you are very nice!!! My experience was - a freezer full of formerly frozen fish that had thawed, a moldy mildewed fridge/freezer in the garage full of cheap ass beer that even the movers didn't want - though I did get a $ 50 rebate on my power bill when the power company picked it up! - a shotgun in the storage building - it was in the corner and I think they just forgot it was there - a cigarette smell that took 2 coats of Kilz paint on the ceilings and 3 coats of paint on the walls to kill....
when I moved, I had gone over everything with the buyer - and her parents lived about 1/2 a mile away so she'd grown up in the area. but I did mail her some warranty info when I found it in my file cabinet about 6 mos later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate