Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:08 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,134 times

Advertisements

The seller typically pays the commission anyway, so I'm not sure why you are concerned about this. Is the house one that was listed on an MLS or is it a FSBO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 09:29 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
The seller typically pays the commission anyway, so I'm not sure why you are concerned about this. Is the house one that was listed on an MLS or is it a FSBO?
I was wondering about this - generally the seller is the one who pays the listing agent a commission and the listing agent pays the buyer's agent a portion of that to bring the buyer and handle all the paperwork on the buyer's side. So what commission are you paying? What does your buyer's representation agreement say?

Old 05-07-2017, 10:15 AM

351 posts, read 666,650 times
The only thing I'm asking is if they don't make the closing date could I just say I no longer want to buy the house without paying some kind of penalty? Now I knowI will lose

$500 earnestwhich I don't care about
$475 to the lender for appraisal which I guess I won't get back
$384 for the house inspection which I guess I won't get back

The reason for this post is after jumping throw hoops for 6 weeks and having my nerves shot and my 70th birthday is next month I’m not so sure I even want to buy this house. I let destiny be my guide. If they make the closing date then fine I’ll buy the house but if they don’t well I’ll just go into a retirement community.

PS: Could someone tell me how I can get notified though my email when a post is answered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate