Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2017, 01:32 PM

5,289 posts, read 5,208,389 times

Advertisements

I wouldnt necessarily believe all the feedback. If people are asked to leave feedback, sometimes its just the easiest thing to say, rather than go into details.

Theres a fine line between pricing it correctly, where the agent and even your neighbors say its at, and people looking at it and not liking things about the house. Sometimes you have to lower it to the point to where someone will look at it and say, well, we really dont like the layout, but at that price, we can live with it.

Maybe you're not there yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 17 days ago)

1,972 posts, read 3,309,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I wouldnt necessarily believe all the feedback. If people are asked to leave feedback, sometimes its just the easiest thing to say, rather than go into details.

Theres a fine line between pricing it correctly, where the agent and even your neighbors say its at, and people looking at it and not liking things about the house. Sometimes you have to lower it to the point to where someone will look at it and say, well, we really dont like the layout, but at that price, we can live with it.

Maybe you're not there yet.
This is what i'm feeling... but it's very hard to know. because my Realtor came with all the papers (for the CMA), and it looked like we priced it well. I wanted to wait 90 days before lowering it. Some of the houses i'm getting ready to go see have been on the market for up to 5 years!

Old 07-10-2017, 10:03 AM

229 posts, read 239,646 times
Isn't it interesting when you work with the listing agent on the price and tell them you want to price it correctly at the gate not to go into the pathetic drop the price game. He showed me the comps and I showed him the comps I had and we worked out to price it lower than the comps so we could get a fast sale.

Then two weeks after the latest CMA showing we were $8,000 under the lowest comp he told us we were to drop it to a reasonable level. What!

Being listed with him was a total waste of time. The broker he was under looked like a decent guy. I don't know why he would hire someone like this to represent his agency.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Siam View Post
Isn't it interesting when you work with the listing agent on the price and tell them you want to price it correctly at the gate not to go into the pathetic drop the price game. He showed me the comps and I showed him the comps I had and we worked out to price it lower than the comps so we could get a fast sale.

Then two weeks after the latest CMA showing we were $8,000 under the lowest comp he told us we were to drop it to a reasonable level. What!

Being listed with him was a total waste of time. The broker he was under looked like a decent guy. I don't know why he would hire someone like this to represent his agency.
Ugh... wow. I'm trying to trust him still, and hope for the best. I don't want to keep dropping it - i'd rather someone just make an offer, and then we could do some business!

Old 07-10-2017, 08:49 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,118,757 times
what competing houses have sold?
what new listings do you compete with?
what homes that were similar and under contract have now established a sales price?

What is the average (or median, whichever seems most relevant) days on market for homes like yours?

Those are the questions that need answering, and which frankly your Realtor should be showing you.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
what homes that were similar and under contract have now established a sales price?

What is the average (or median, whichever seems most relevant) days on market for homes like yours?

Those are the questions that need answering, and which frankly your Realtor should be showing you.
Thanks. I havent talked to him since about 2 weeks after we listed it. It's been listed about 7 weeks now.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:26 AM

229 posts, read 239,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

Those are all good points. That is what I asked from the REA we had and he refused. I didn't think that was asking a lot because if he wanted me to drop the price I wanted to know why. He had privy to info I didn't so he should have been willing to explain why our price needed to be adjusted. But he didn't want to show anything, just drop. Since we already knew he was totally dishonest at that point all I wanted to do was get away from using him. No trust.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:46 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,216,142 times
When I listed my last house for sale, I went and saw the competition for myself to make sure my house was competitive. My agent, who is a friend had no issues showing me these listings. It really helped me understand the market and what buyers were looking for and we discussed the pros and cons of each house in comparison. Houses look different in pictures than they do in real life and it set my expectations. From my "research" it was clear what I needed to do to my house to make it more attractive to the young families who I was trying to appeal to.
Just a suggestion.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:38 PM

227 posts, read 256,798 times
Just wanted to chime in with a we're in the process of selling as well. This is our second time selling. Should be listed tomorrow according to the realtor, but that said, he still hasn't sent me the disclosure paperwork that he said I'd have tonight. Been a stressful process!

We moved out and are renting in our new home. Not in a rush to buy but it sure would be nice to not be paying a mortgage and utilities on an empty home.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
When I listed my last house for sale, I went and saw the competition for myself to make sure my house was competitive. My agent, who is a friend had no issues showing me these listings. It really helped me understand the market and what buyers were looking for and we discussed the pros and cons of each house in comparison. Houses look different in pictures than they do in real life and it set my expectations. From my "research" it was clear what I needed to do to my house to make it more attractive to the young families who I was trying to appeal to.
Just a suggestion.
My Realtor brought me a whole package, including listings that were for sale similar to mine, and pages of listings that had sold that were similar. (and also pointed out the differences) He showed me how he worked the whole thing up. I'm impatient - I want an offer. I want to move. I know it can take years, but if it does - I dont think i'll survive... lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate