U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 10:59 AM

24,171 posts, read 13,685,578 times

Advertisements

My home just got listed this week . I had already moved months ago , but I can imagine it being kind of stressful living in the home while it's listed.

The home is totally vacant now ( besides appliances ) My listing agent had recommended just taking everything out .

If you have older furniture etc I'd recommend having Salvation Army or another charity come and pickup .
Lots of my furniture was older and not worth too much . Sold a few things but not even sure if that was worth all the back and forth messages with people .

I got the home repainted and some other cosmetic things done .
After the painting and other work was done I got the house deep cleaned including oven and refrigerator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 01:49 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,240,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
That disclosure form wasn't too, too bad, just answered what we know about this old house (50+ years old). We are the third owners so I am sure there is a lot of stuff we don't know like there was probably lead based paint here. Do we know about it? No but the psychedelic wall paper could have been more harmful LOL. Previously owners were clearly LSD fans. I went to the township to get proof that all of the permits have been closed, thought they were but got confirmation.
I'm the 3rd owner too, house is 43 yrs old - but it doesnt give me the option of "Unknown" on a lot of the ones i have to answer! Is your's 6 pgs long? I don't know what the type of Central Air is, my wiring, if i have "permits" for my fireplaces? And 100 other things lol. Maybe i worry too much. I will tell him i did as much as i could and let him look it over. I'm Googling a bit for some of the answers.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:53 PM

Does Central One Zone air conditioning mean it has only one thermostat? And one compressor?

Old 05-25-2017, 01:58 PM

Also wants the name and address of the licensed electricians who did work on the house.

I used two different contractors, who used their electricians. I dont have the names and addresses.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:59 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,984,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Also wants the name and address of the licensed electricians who did work on the house.

I used two different contractors, who used their electricians. I dont have the names and addresses.
Up here I went to the Division of Code Enforcement (Building) at our township offices, they should have all the info on contractors who have worked on your house (if they pulled the permits). They will give you copies of all that. Permits for your fireplace should be there too if you have had any work done on it.

If you have questions about these forms your agent should be a pro at filling them out, ask your agent for help!!
Best of luck!

Old 05-25-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Up here I went to the Division of Code Enforcement (Building) at our township offices, they should have all the info on contractors who have worked on your house (if they pulled the permits). They will give you copies of all that. Permits for your fireplace should be there too if you have had any work done on it.

If you have questions about these forms your agent should be a pro at filling them out, ask your agent for help!!
Best of luck!
Thanks. Yeh, i'm gonna call him or he's gonna have more than a week's wait lol

Old 05-25-2017, 04:37 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,984,441 times
Just found a copy of our disclosure, it is 8 pages. Many of the questions began "Are you aware" of any condition such as radon, lead paint etc and some of them offered "unknown".

There were only 2 questions that required clarification and our agent provided her experience for answers.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:52 PM

Had a showing today - all of mine so far have been from different Realtors than my own.

Got Feedback online thru Zillow - boy was it cruel. Why did they even come see it? I know you have to not take things personally - but damnnn...

Old 05-27-2017, 07:28 PM

366 posts, read 877,989 times
Quote:
Had a showing today - all of mine so far have been from different Realtors than my own.

Got Feedback online thru Zillow - boy was it cruel. Why did they even come see it? I know you have to not take things personally - but damnnn...
To hell with them... They would complain about a free bar of gold being too heavy. Same folks who will leave comments like: It had a one car attached garage, we wanted a two car detached... Umm, did you/ agent read the listing and look over the photos? Don't sweat it, and good luck.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:40 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,041,395 times
Quote:

I know it's difficult to hear negative comments about your home and that's probably the understatement of the year.. Lol..
As hard as it is try to leave emotions out of it.

Is there any recurring complaint from the commenters and is it anything that you can fix easily and inexpensively?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate