U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 07:51 AM

19,787 posts, read 11,722,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Had a showing today - all of mine so far have been from different Realtors than my own.

Got Feedback online thru Zillow - boy was it cruel. Why did they even come see it? I know you have to not take things personally - but damnnn...
Where do you see the feedback on Zillow ? Does it show up on the owners view .
I noticed that Redfin has a thing where their agents can make comments on properties and they become public to anyone looking on Redfin .. I don't really like that feature as of course they could make negative comments about a house and do more harm than good .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 02:21 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,101,918 times
This came in an email to me, called "Feedback."

Old 05-31-2017, 03:17 PM

2,567 posts, read 6,650,716 times
Quote:

Got Feedback online thru Zillow - boy was it cruel. Why did they even come see it? I know you have to not take things personally - but damnnn...
UGH! Jellybean that is tough, it is hard to hear criticism on the place you called home for so many years!
Our house goes on line tomorrow and we have a showing at 4PM.

Hope things are going well for you, keep us posted

Old 05-31-2017, 05:08 PM

1,704 posts, read 696,188 times
Quote:
Had a showing today - all of mine so far have been from different Realtors than my own.

I've never heard of that on Zillow. Ouch

Old 05-31-2017, 05:40 PM

6,535 posts, read 5,281,059 times
I've never heard of it on Zillow either. It's more likely coming from a system used by the agents in that MLS, like we have in my area. Maybe the email includes a Zillow logo somewhere in the body.

Agent reviews (ala Redfin) are really stupid. MikeJ would know - there's some reason we can't say what we really think of bad houses.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:22 PM

You are correct - it has Zillow across the bottom, but it comes from the listing/showing service they use. It's called "Feedback Request." Maybe my Realtor requests it for me. I have gotten 3 more and NONE were "nasty," they just told me why the house did not fit the Buyer's needs.

The latest one - however - said that the agent could not get in the house, because the showing confirmation did not have the lock box code in it, and that he called my Realtor - who "did not pick up."

I forwarded it to my Realtor and asked if that was some kind of problem with the listing service - he said NO, and that he had talked to the guy and confirmed the code. So i dont know what was going on, but i really didnt like being in the middle of it. Especially when i go to a lot of work to get my house ready for each showing, and this guy had us out of the house for 2 hours! I'm really tired of all of this already. I dont know how people stand it when their home does not sell for 5 years (like someone on this street!).

Old 06-12-2017, 06:10 PM

73 posts, read 26,236 times
I would advise to prepare for the inspection. Buyers hire inspectors to come for a house health check-up before a purchase. Go around the exterior and through the interior and look for anything that needs attention. Example-rotten wood, broken handles, broken lights, heating and air needs current servicing, mildew, etc. This lowers the chance for surprises at the inspection and makes your home look maintained. I would also advise not allowing your seller to also be the buyer's agent. I've experienced that twice and won't do it again. You are paying the agent's commission and you don't want him helping the buyer. You want him in your court alone.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:35 PM

9 posts, read 4,346 times
You can ask your agent not to send you the feedback. He still gets it but he is able to convey the feedback in a more gentle way to you if you even want to know. Some of my sellers didn't want to know at all and most of them don't really want to read it unfiltered because it can be painful for them. You can just ask your agent to please not send the feedback to you As far as inspection goes, it depends on where you are in the country. I am in MN and the sellers agent doesn't go to the inspection at all. An experienced agent who works for the seller will not want to be at the inspection anyway. The buyer pays quite a bit of money (it's about $ 500 here in MN) to have the house checked out, which can take about 3 hours. Since the buyer pays for the inspection, the buyer owns the inspection report and at least in my neck of the woods the seller or seller's agent are not welcome during that time. The buyers will be there with their agent and the inspector.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:43 PM

9 posts, read 4,346 times
You are doing fine You have an agent you trust, that's half the battle! Keep your house cleaned and picked up all the time. I tell my sellers to have an empty laundry basket handy and to just throw stuff in there for those quick showings and take it into the car - lol. Like everyone said, keep it clean, open blinds and curtains to let light in, please make sure that there are not "offending" smells like old kitty litter..... Turn on the ceiling fans on low, it moves the air and gives a better feeling. If you think it would be difficult for you to read some very blunt feedback, you can ask your agent to not send it to you. He or she can then provide you with a more 'filtered' version, because it can be hurtful to read what some people say. Most of all remember this is just for a short while! This too shall pass

Old 06-17-2017, 02:24 PM

Two more feedbacks that were really good - until the Comments section - where they say that the Buyers just really did not like the "layout of the house." Nothing i can fix i guess. I do have a home bar in the house, but hopefully they can see that it is removable! I really believe that empty houses sell easier. Can't people envision themselves creating rooms differently? I'm going to call my Realtor and see if he can figure out more about what they're not liking. He hasnt told me anything, and didnt when he came the first couple of times either (like that it had a strange layout or anything).

Maybe i could try to configure rooms differently or something?

Just venting here. I've had 10 showings. That's the average (i looked it up lol) where you should get 1 offer.

(Edited to add: one of the bedrooms is set up as my home office, i need that room as i sell books and have packaging materials etc. there, and do my bills on a desk there. But i'm sure they must know it's a bedroom!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or