Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 03:58 PM

5,289 posts, read 5,207,630 times

Advertisements

I think layout means the floorplan of the house. Nothing you can do about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 05:02 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,213,611 times
Hey...lol...just checking up and want to make sure you haven't lost your sanity Aren't you the poster who showed us the,waterfront listing in Maine? All it takes is 1 buyer....just hang in there and,don't take any comments personally! Like the real housewife tagline...lol...your house is an acquired taste....if you don't like it ...acquire some taste!!!

Old 06-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 16 days ago)

1,972 posts, read 3,308,553 times
Yes that's me - the waterfront in Maine that SOLD! AND - our second favorite - which we really LOVED (even tho you're never supposed to fall in love with a house!), but didnt like a neighbor so close, price was great tho! - SOLD also!!

My impatience is taking over...

Maine is selling fast!

(and thanks - i love the "taste" comment )

Old 06-17-2017, 10:10 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,079,310 times
Typically, a comment about layout refers to the structure of the house, not how you are using the rooms. If it's an open floor plan, it means they prefer more separated rooms. If it's separate rooms, they want an open floor plan. Something along those lines.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:42 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,477,687 times
I never found feedback from showings that useful.
A house either works for someone or not

If you have enough showings but no offers you are probably priced too high (not to the OP in general)

Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 PM

Gather ye round - and i will tell you a story...

You may not believe it but it's true...

What's your worse scenario - as a seller and/or as a Realtor?

I've seen the Realtor's list of worse things they've seen - might have been on here...

Well, no dead bodies or crap in the toilet were involved...

BUT... The following WERE involved: owners vacuuming in the living room, cleanser in the toilets, ALL trash cans full - including the kitchen with all kinds of food scraps in it and the empytings of a FULL sweeper canister (tons of smelly dog hair in it), un-made bed, torn-up couch not covered yet, dinner in bags still on kitchen counter, dishes in sink - clean at least, and in drainer, dog bowls out - food in one and water slobbed all over out of the other, pile of dirty clothes on bedroom chest, junk on kitchen table, and giant dog jumping and scratching at the front door... while

... your appointment shows up to view the house an hour earlier than the listing service told you they would. AFTER you accepted with only LESS than two hour's notice as it was. DURING a vicious thunderstorm with pouring rain.

We came home tonite at about 4:50 to a message on the phone. Yes i have a landline with an answering machine. I'm old. It was from 4:30 from the CLS (centralized listing service) saying they were cancelling the appt. for Tues. June 20 7-8 PM and would like to re-schedule for TODAY Mon. June 19 7-8 PM. I had no appt. for Tues., should have been my first clue. Secondly - to me, that's way too close to the time to call for a showing - i mean does not give enough time. In my opinion. Even if i thought i was having the Tues. nite appt.

BUT, i want to sell my house so i called to accept it. NEVER again. NO more same day appointments.

They showed up at 6PM, and all of the above were in action and ongoing. I asked them could they come back at 7 - i supposed that was rude?? She said she confirmed TWICE with my Realtor - by phone and by email. (Well, i think i've already told my story about the other Realtor who said he never got the code - somebody is effing up.) She said "oh the appt. tomorrow nite was for 7!" Well that doesnt help me now - we had just got home. I have two bad knees - need replacements - and my S/O was in the hospital 3 days last week, we just found out he has a heart condition. Aint the time for this ****!! I said can you come back in like 20 mins? She said "how about we just walk around out here?" OMG i'm dying. I thought i'd have a stroke - seriously (I also take b/p meds). Our giant dog is attacking the door - we never even have her toys or BOWLS out for people to see...

My S/O takes them 2 more umbrellas - it's a downpour, as i said - and goes outside with them, puts the dog in the truck, and walks them around, talking his head off. A no-no i'm sure. I'm trying to straighten up, and ended up leaving tons of stuff out. Why worry now? I finally get out to my truck and sit in there and start crying. The realtor and female come to see if they need to move their vehicles! So great, they get to see me crying. She tells me "oh you can stay and sit here." Yeh right, i'm that stupid?? So we did leave for an hour, but i certainly don't expect a positive outcome! I emailed her a copy of my email from the CLS confirming for SEVEN, and told her i wish it could have been better circumstances.

Is this really just my bad luck... or do others have this happen? I wish i did not sign six months with this amazing Realtor who sells and sells - THE most in the county. But i truly always have bad luck. I'm not just moaning. I could tell you many George Constanza stories. I have not had a drink in probably 8 months and i had one tonite. (no, i'm not an alcoholic) Peace... needed to vent...

Old 06-19-2017, 08:45 PM

I really don't think i can do this. I don't think i have it in me. I don't do well with stress.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:24 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,294,156 times
You can do this Jellybean..

Not everybody can keep a house show ready. It's impossible for us not as young as we used to be folks who aren't in the best of health. Tell your agent that and tell her to give people the heads up that they're not going to see a perfectly staged home. They're going to see one that's lived in.

Don't stress out over this. The right buyer will come along.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:45 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,477,687 times
Jellybean you can do this. Set rules for yourself.

We sold a home last year. I have two kids, a very hairy dog and a traveling husband who works 70 hours a week. We wrote right on the MLS...24 hour notice, weekends only. It didn't matter if we sold the house if I lost my mind in the meantime! And you know what, it sold.

I'm not saying you should do what I did, but maybe make a 24 hour notice rule and stick to it with yourself. Or just take it appointment by appointment....if someone calls and the house looks ok, sure! If the house is a disaster and you don't want to do it, say no.

And this sounds kind of cheesy, but honor your feelings. It's very stressful having your house on the market and doing showings. And it can bring up lots of other feelings too, even in happy circumstances. It's ok to loathe the process

Hang in there!

Old 06-20-2017, 08:39 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,662,112 times
Hey Jellybean, It's not you! Your agent, who is going to get several thousand $ from this transaction, needs to be protecting your interests better -- and that includes your mental health. You are going to have to advocate for yourself, speak to the agent (and, if necessary his/her boss) calmly but firmly (you CAN do it!) and explain that the house is not going to get sold if he/she doesn't take control of the showings so that it can be displayed to its best advantage. That means the showings happen on YOUR schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate